Dwarf GoblinTerrain on my Blog

Started by Sean67, 08 November 2015, 10:08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean67

08 November 2015, 10:08:43 AM Last Edit: 08 November 2015, 10:20:35 AM by Sean67
Just added a quick write up on some terrain for my Dwarf Goblin wars
http://seanstoysoldiers.blogspot.co.uk
Regards
Sean

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Sean67

I think I'll get another set and cut them to different lengths.
Next I think a rickety old bridge to defend a chasm.
Regards
Sean

Techno

Like those 'shrooms'.  8)
Cheers - Phil

Leman

Is that the terrain they're gobblin' ?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Sean67

More terrain on my blog.
Regards
Sean :D

O Dinas Powys

Cracking idea - I'll have to see if any of the £1 shops round here stock foam mushrooms  :D

Love the stalagmite idea  :-bd  Another one to steal  ;)

I've got that tower!  :o

Bought on a holiday to Germany as a teenager when I was into model railways.  It's a Faller HO.  Recently rescued it from my mother's loft and for a spot of "refurbishment".  Definitely looks closer to 10mm than 20mm, guess it was designed to be window dressing at the edge of a railway rather than front and centre.

Cheers!

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Sean67

Cheers O Dinas Powys
Defiantly closer to 10mm thanks for the heads up I won't have to try and track it down.
I'm actually in Germany working over here with the American Army. Found the 'Shrooms in a DIY shop the Germans do love to decorate for the season. Got them all for a bargain 6 Euro.
Regards
Sean

O Dinas Powys

12 November 2015, 10:54:47 AM #9 Last Edit: 12 November 2015, 10:57:51 AM by O Dinas Powys
Quote from: Sean67 on 11 November 2015, 05:28:00 PM
Cheers O Dinas Powys
Defiantly closer to 10mm thanks for the heads up I won't have to try and track it down.
I'm actually in Germany working over here with the American Army. Found the 'Shrooms in a DIY shop the Germans do love to decorate for the season. Got them all for a bargain 6 Euro.
Regards
Sean

If you search for Faller Ruined Tower it comes up as the first image, "Castle Tower Ruins Kit #130285":

http://www.faller.de/App/WebObjects/XSeMIPS.woa/cms/page/pid.14.17.89/agid.1127.1203.1241/atid.190/ecm.at/Castle-tower-ruins.html

Obviously an ogre and his henchman live here enticing passing maidens to their doom with promises of a warm welcome, fine vitals and lederhosen  :d

Techno

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 12 November 2015, 10:54:47 AM

Obviously an ogre and his henchman live here enticing passing maidens to their doom with promises of a warm welcome, fine vitals and lederhosen  :d

You have a very vivid imagination, don't you, Meirion ?  ;) :)
Cheers - Phil

fsn

That's pretty much how I imagine Pendraken. It's a dead ringer for Middles-Borugh.

Below this deceptively bucolic scene are the fiery dungeons wherein the benighted dwarves are held forced to toil at the furnaces and casting machines.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Techno on 12 November 2015, 11:02:32 AM
You have a very vivid imagination, don't you, Meirion ?  ;) :)
Cheers - Phil

Possibly!  ;)

It's the Brothers Grimm imagery: nothing good ever comes of a young lady in a dirndl walking through woods in the black forest...  :d

Cheers!

Meirion

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: fsn on 12 November 2015, 12:35:15 PM
That's pretty much how I imagine Pendraken. It's a dead ringer for Middles-Borugh.

Below this deceptively bucolic scene are the fiery dungeons wherein the benighted dwarves are held forced to toil at the furnaces and casting machines.

=O =O =O

Sean67

I'm quite partial to young ladies wearing Dirndls.
Not sure I could entice them into the woods any more :D
Last month nearly every young ladie was wearing them round here.
Regards
Sean