14" WWI Railway gun available!

Started by Leon, 31 October 2015, 03:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

31 October 2015, 03:20:22 PM Last Edit: 31 October 2015, 03:31:12 PM by Leon
This release had been delayed for a little while as we did some extra work on it, but it's here now!  This is a massive piece of kit, nearly 300g worth of metal, and it looks excellent.  

Coming in 5 pieces, you've got the train wagon itself, then two bogies, the gun barrel and a small winch for loading the ammo.  Sizewise, the train wagon is 127mm long, with a 105mm long barrel.  The bogey wheels are around 8mm apart which should be just about right for N-scale track.  It doesn't come with any crew, but the BP55 code (Heavy Artillery crews) would suit fine and can be bought separately.  We may look at adding some specific crewmen at some point in the future (without bases so they can stand on the train itself), but that'll depend on demand for them.

There was originally going to be a handrail to go down each side of the wagon, but the small diameter on the master sculpt was so fine that it wasn't viable to cast.  It would be a fairly simple custom job though, a few small drill holes for some wire pins to go in, and then some wire linked across them would look just the part.  

WWI
British - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/World-War-I-c17/British-sc104/
BP56   14" Railway gun   £10.00

And here's a pic of it in one of Carlos Briz's fantastic dioramas:

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

Wow! Just ... wow!

I think ..

Wow!

Well ... wow ... it's just so bigggggg!

And does it go up like it is in the picture?

Wow!

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

I thought you might like it!

Quote from: fsn on 31 October 2015, 03:26:16 PM
And does it go up like it is in the picture?

The gun barrel is on a pivot so you can adjust it to whatever height you like.  With some work, you could probably move it during a game as well, but you'd need to find a way of securing it as the barrel is very heavy and prefers to sit flat.  I had to prop it up with a small screw for the photos.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

Oh well. I don't want one now.  :P

I'm thinking 1940 Commando raid. 1941 breakout from a besieged Russian city ...

Yes I know it's meant to be WWI!

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

NeilCFord

Oh dear, definitely want one of these. Need to get all the track based up first though. I'm assuming it will sit on N gauge track okay?

- Neil.

Orcs

This is a magnificent model.

A couple of questions

1 Are the bogies supplied by your small children, from what I remember when mine were small was a proliferation of bogies.  :D

2 Are thier plans to do the rest of the train? Please ! Please! the WW2 Poles NEED an arnoured train
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Orcs

31 October 2015, 06:39:52 PM #6 Last Edit: 01 November 2015, 12:41:08 AM by Leon
Quote from: fsn on 31 October 2015, 03:26:16 PM
Well ... wow ... it's just so bigggggg!

Nobby are you commenting on the model of the railway gun, or writing the lies lines that you want Miss Whiplash to say to you at your next session?  :d

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fsn

Well.  :-[ My reaction to the model mostly.

NeilCFord

Now I'm scrolling through N gauge locomotives on ebay....

HELP!

- Neil.

Orcs

Quote from: NeilCFord on 31 October 2015, 06:53:57 PM

HELP!

- Neil.

As I am a helpful chap i would like to point out I have looked into this and you can get ALL the armoured wagons and trains you require in resin for both WW2 Russian and german. AA Wagons, 105 Gun wagons , Wagons with Pz4  or T34 Turrets, Armoured command car. Armoured Loca and tender - EVERYTHING

BUT

It will cost you about £120 to get a full train

NeilCFord

Nah, I just need a loco, possibly one carriage and a brake van. All to make a small AVBCW objective.

- Neil.

Sunray

31 October 2015, 07:34:04 PM #11 Last Edit: 31 October 2015, 08:02:58 PM by Sunray
Quote from: NeilCFord on 31 October 2015, 06:53:57 PM

HELP!

- Neil.

No worries Neil -as my old RSM used to say - "Watch my tracer"

1. Forget n gauge real and "dummy locos" the price is way too rich.    Save your cash for your 10mm army.

2. Enter Del Prado "locos of the world" on your search engine.

3. Pick up a decent and accurate 1.150 scale 2-8-0 Andes class loco for £7.99- free P&P - [current ebay listing].  There are others below this price still on auction

Del Prado published a  magazine at £4.99 which featured a model in  a blister pack - they did model soldiers, ships, aircraft AND with very decent run of locos  - they can't be used on a live track as not insulated.

But they look really neat on the table

Second tip - a couple of lengths of fixable and a junction to a siding  section - secure lightly to a board - see blu tack option - and let the dice roll.

Hope this is useful.

GrumpyOldMan

Hello Leon

Quote from: Leon on 31 October 2015, 03:20:22 PM

There was originally going to be a handrail to go down each side of the wagon, but the small diameter on the master sculpt was so fine that it wasn't viable to cast.  It would be a fairly simple custom job though, a few small drill holes for some wire pins to go in, and then some wire linked across them would look just the part.  

It looks very nice. You can get railings from Model Ship outfitters,

http://www.alwayshobbies.com/model-boats/model-boat-fittings/handrails,-bollards-$4-stanchions/aeronaut-twin-railings-pre$9made-railing-2-rail-250mm-x-5mm-singles

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Leon

Quote from: NeilCFord on 31 October 2015, 04:09:53 PM
Oh dear, definitely want one of these. Need to get all the track based up first though. I'm assuming it will sit on N gauge track okay?

Yep, the bogey wheels are 8mm apart which should be fine for N scale track.

Quote from: Just a few Orcs on 31 October 2015, 06:31:25 PM
2 Are there plans to do the rest of the trains? Please ! Please! the WW2 Poles NEED an arnoured train

It's certainly a possibility, this one is a bit of a test really to see what the sales are like.  There are a variety of odd things where the potential sales don't warrant the sculpting costs, so planes, trains and autom.. helicopters would be some examples.  If we get good sales on this one, then we'll definitely be looking to add some more for other ranges.

Quote from: Sunray on 31 October 2015, 07:34:04 PM
3. Pick up a decent and accurate 1.150 scale 2-8-0 Andes class loco for £7.99- free P&P - [current ebay listing].  There are others below this price still on auction

Some good tips there!

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 31 October 2015, 10:18:47 PM
It looks very nice. You can get railings from Model Ship outfitters...

Excellent, those would be perfect, thanks for the tip!

8)

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Cant see a use for it, but very nice.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021