a sprue of small arms ?

Started by Sunray, 30 October 2015, 03:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Quote from: Sunray on 01 November 2015, 09:25:42 AM
I would like to hear Phil's observations on the sculpting a right arm with the weapon -  Can be fashioned tucked into the armpit and thus a lot less fragile in a way that looks natural?  The host shoulder can be cut and filed to receive the limb.

Yeeeeees......But the difficulty there would be making it as 'generic' as possible......To fit as many different figures as poss.  :-\
(That's one of the complete b*ggers to get right.)
Having said that, it's not a bad idea, and could be made to work.....But from Leon's point of view, how 'popliar' would it be, I wonder ?

Cheers - Phil

Sunray

Quote from: Techno on 01 November 2015, 02:01:12 PM
Yeeeeees......But the difficulty there would be making it as 'generic' as possible......To fit as many different figures as poss.  :-\
(That's one of the complete b*ggers to get right.)
Having said that, it's not a bad idea, and could be made to work.....But from Leon's point of view, how 'popliar' would it be, I wonder ?

Cheers - Phil

Thanks Phil - in the limited conversions I have attempted the challenge has been to find a donor and a recipient in similar pose - basically the same body language, otherwise  the resulting figure just looks contorted.   

I sadly suspect that in 1/150 it would be a niche market.  In bigger scale, Martin [Peter Pig]offered a range of heads for fairly elementary 15mm conversions.  It would represent a small % of PP sales.