Hey All, Greetings from Colorado

Started by 3AcresAndATau, 29 October 2015, 03:45:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

Sounds like a load of bollocks to me!
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Ithoriel

Quote from: fsn on 29 October 2015, 01:41:59 PM
Well, aren't you a clever Ithoriel?

Trust me, the depths of my ignorance have no bottom!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Tawa

Well that went down like a lead baboon......

O.P.E (Oik of the Pendraken Empire) - 2015 Honours List.

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

3AcresAndATau

Well, thank you all for the warm welcome!  And I'd like to make it clear, ya'all missed out on the most important 3, the one that actually makes it hard to collect minis in America, the fact we only need 3 colors.  Red, White, and Blue!  That can be frustrating when you're trying to paint up something other than Napoleonic French.  ;)

Quote from: Ithoriel on 29 October 2015, 12:43:16 PM
So, first up, I presume the name is a play on "three acres and a cow" - a slogan used by British land reform campaigners in the late 1800s, revived by the distributists of the 1920s. It refers to an ideal land holding for every citizen. Not a credo I agree with but each to their own!

The Tau are a race from GW's sci-fi background or were last time I played their stuff; they're arsing around with the backgrounds at the moment, in an effort to sell more stuff, so who knows.

With that cleared up, hi 3Acres and welcome to the forum.

You sir, nailed it.  You get a little bit of extra milage by knowing the Tau are supposed to be bovines, but that's basically it.  Had to have something to call my eclectic blog about everything.  Just for the record, I've never played 40k proper.  The RPGs and the card game, now that's another story.

Props to Leman for the extra info.

Guess we'll be seeing one another around the forums now.  Again, it's great to be here.   :-h
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom 12:21

Our flag is proudly floating o'er the land and o'er the main, shout, shout, the battle cry of freedom...

My 10mm Projects, current and planned: -Warmaster Fantasy- -American Revolution- -Dux Bellorum-

Orcs

Welcome 3Acre to this oasis of information and madness.

I did once play 40K in a Demo Game ( I was young, easily influenced and naive, but that's another story for another forum)   ;)  Back to the 40K demo game.

We were given a squad (GWitus strikes again - it was only 3 men) of Harlequins.  I was shot at and had to throw anything but a 1 to save each of my squad!!!!!!!

You know whats coming

I picked up three dice threw them with as much aplomb as a teenager can and threw THREE ones !

Still it cured me of the evil empire , apart from the time I looked longingly at "Man O War" fleets, but by then I had a mortgage and small children.   :(.  ( I did consider selling one of them to pay for it, but my then wife refused ?  Very mean was my ex wife.  We could have always made another one . )  :d
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Sean67

You should of sold the ex wife ;D
Would of been cheaper in the long run ;D
Regards
Sean
P.S. Welcome to the madhouse 3Acres. :D

Orcs

Quote from: Sean67 on 31 October 2015, 05:10:18 PM
You should of sold the ex wife ;D
Would of been cheaper in the long run ;D
Regards
Sean

Yes it would have been, but getting rid of the ex-wife was the best £150K I have EVER spent.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leon026

Welcome to the madhouse!

These forums have the friendliest of the bunch, and dont hesitate to ask questions!

PS - we want to see your work!