Great Italian Wars in 10mm

Started by Leman, 24 October 2015, 09:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jchaos79

Count with me for the Leman's proposal

Krimson

I would love some Italian wars figures. In 10 mm you could have real pike blocks. In my 28mm figures I have 96 but they take up so much space on the table. So 10mm would be my preferred  scale. Pereira lay with open hands and sell wire separately to be cut down and glued in

Leman

Well of course the new Flooded figures have made the Italian Wars a real goer now. I have acquired a number of figures from this range, the late medieval range, Warmaster Empire figures and a few MM, particularly Swiss and Italian pike. Even the Elizabethan sword and buckler and  pike are acceptable as Spaniards, especially as some of them still sport tight hose and burgonet helmets. As far as I can tell, the only specific figure missing now is a Spanish genitor (jinete?). I am unable to see from the photos whether the Floodden border horse have shields - even if they do they will not be of the traditional Spanish shape. there is also the possibility of giving the demi-lancer figure a small Spanish shield of paper or green stuff, but as I say, this now seems to be the only figure missing. [re. the bagpiper in the Flodden Scottish command pack - the Swiss also used bagpipers.]
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

FierceKitty

This topic arises every 18 months or so, I think. Understandably; the renaissance makes for super gaming.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leman

24 February 2016, 02:32:15 PM #19 Last Edit: 24 February 2016, 02:35:02 PM by Leman
The stupid autocorrect insists on writing Flodden as Flooded!!!  >:( >:( >:(

However, great progress has been made in the last few months so that only one figure is now needed to round it out.

SV52

Yup, would agree with most of what has been said, my own hit list would be:

16th Century costume and armour
Mounted arquebusiers
Mounted crossbows
Petronnels
Reiters - late and early
Irish (Elizabethan period)- kerns with bows, darts and firearms; gallowglasses; bonnachts with pikes and firearms; redshanks; Irish horse.  Basically what was in the late Pendraken 28mm range.

With what's available already it would push things into mid and late century in the British Isles and expand the possibilities for Italy- 'Rough Wooing', Pinkie, Yellow Ford, etc.  IMHO

Whadda ya mean, Pendraken didn't have a 28mm range? :D:

Hoka Hey do 'em now.  They are on the 'heroic +' side of the scale.
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Scott Blair

Hi I am the madman who persuaded Phil and Leon to indulge my Flodden / Tudors Wars tendencices!  I think both Leman and SV52 have made great suggestions to allow for expansion into Italian Wars, later Tudor such as Rough Wooing and Ireland and also Wars of Religion. Please count me as a definite supporter of  these requests!

Scott

FierceKitty

Great stuff. Today the Venetians didn't run away, and the might of the Habsburgs was chastised by the valour of French arms (well, the Swiss played a part, I admit).
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

If this pans out it will be a great range, and steal a march on most of the other 10mm firms.

Nick the Lemming

I'll add my votes for genitors, Italian city militia with spear, mounted arquebusiers, and add another for the earlier Italians - a carroccio.

owaincaesarius

Count me in as well. I like all the opportunities this will open up...Italian Wars, Conquistadors, Ireland, the Borders etc...

Leman

Getting a lot more takers than I thought. Surely this must be a goer! Now To the Strongest is working on a C16th variant.

Sandinista

Quote from: Leman on 31 August 2016, 03:34:18 PM
Getting a lot more takers than I thought. Surely this must be a goer!

I would replace my 6mm armies if they do

cheers
Ian

lentulus