Great Italian Wars in 10mm

Started by Leman, 24 October 2015, 09:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick the Lemming

I'd also like to see more poses for sword and buckler men (and other ranges where there's only the one pose).

Leman

Think I've already commented on S&B men and also mounted arquebusiers.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Ben Waterhouse

Major bump! Just bought the Furioso rules and the first Helion book. Watching Yarkshire Gamer doesn't help....
Arma Pacis Fulcra

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Big Insect

What would also be interesting - and as far as I know nobody does these in any scale let alone 10mm - are early C16th armed peasantry.

They would be ideal for the German Peasants Wars, the Cornish Rebellions and Pilgrimage of Grace etc. As well as providing additions to the Italian Wars conflicts. And you'd need literally 'fousands of em, sah!

Just a thought
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

toxicpixie

Quote from: Big Insect on 14 June 2023, 08:57:32 PMWhat would also be interesting - and as far as I know nobody does these in any scale let alone 10mm - are early C16th armed peasantry.

They would be ideal for the German Peasants Wars, the Cornish Rebellions and Pilgrimage of Grace etc. As well as providing additions to the Italian Wars conflicts. And you'd need literally 'fousands of em, sah!

Just a thought

You might need thousands of them you actually need them, but.... Will enough people actually want them?

They do sound quite handy, I must admit.
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Big Insect

Quote from: toxicpixie on 30 June 2023, 12:34:50 AMYou might need thousands of them you actually need them, but.... Will enough people actually want them?

They do sound quite handy, I must admit.

I agree - a very 'niche' range  :D

Artizan Miniatures do some really nice early C16th German Peasants revolt figure: https://www.artizandesigns.com/list.php?man=20&cat=165&page=1
Not a huge range (considering, as you say, you'd need 'fousands of em! to make an army) but they can be mixed in with both Wargames Foundry and Artizans Landsknechts, and the open-handed figures have a lot of uses in a skirmish type game (such as Frostgrave etc.).
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.