Great Italian Wars in 10mm

Started by Leman, 24 October 2015, 09:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

With the new additions to the Flodden range, the current Landsknecht range, the Stradiots from the Elizabethan range and  various codes from the late Medieval range, the Great Italian Wars are now almost within reach purely from Pendraken. I can only see three possible omissions, particularly from the early part of the wars: Spanish Genitors, Italian militia spearmen with pavise (possibly some of the Scots front rank pike, but I doubt militia would have much in the way of plate armour), and sword and buckler men (the Spaniard in the Elizabethan range is too late). Consequently I would like to put in a request for those three to complete what is now a superb selection of figures for this period.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Sandinista

I second this request, should be easy to squeeze in  :)

cheers
Ian

fred.

They sound very useful additions
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Why not, also useful for beating up contemp ammies.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Rob

This would be brilliant. Please add my vote to this request.

:) Rob

toxicpixie

Glaring omission - mounted arquebusiers! Can chop the arms off theountes xbows but proper ones would be nice :D

And some "new sculpt" style foot arquebusiers would be ace as well!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leman

There's the mounted handgunner in late Medieval, but unarmored mtd arq would be nice, New foot arquebusiers in the Flodden range, plus original Flodden arquebusiers plus the Landsknecht arquebusiers.

toxicpixie

Id discounted the new French Arquebusiers as too similar to the existing late medieval pack - the helmeted guy looked identical whilst the bloke in hat was very similar between the two. Are they much different in the flesh? If so I might add a pack ;)

The ELM mounted handgunner I thought was a bit too out of period? Or am I confusing him with another pack (super heavy cavalry with pistol?). Without piccies for them I'm always a bit hesitant... I think I thought he was too heavily armoured, hence chopping the relatively lightly armoured mounted xbows instead ;)

I'm not very keen on those landsknecte handgunners, they were a bit static and not up to the standard of current sculpts. Think the League of Augsberg stuff has spoiled me :D

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Bernie

toxicpixie

Hey re exceptionally nice - I keep nearly going for their Kickstaters but the price is too much :/

Maybe...

fred.

I don't think they are that expensive.  Factor in the exchange rate and the number of figures per pack.

Or compare to Warmaster prices!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Leman

Trouble is they are in pluderhosen which is more suitable for the Wars of Religion coming after the Italian Wars.

Ithoriel

Quote from: fred. on 25 October 2015, 12:02:20 PM
I don't think they are that expensive.  Factor in the exchange rate and the number of figures per pack.

Or compare to Warmaster prices!

Add in postage, duty and the Post Office's ridiculous handling charge and I'm happy to stick with Pendraken!

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

toxicpixie

A third more expensive even being generous, then as others have noted there's then postage and duty... Makes it potentially very painful :/