October 2015 Newsletter!

Started by Leon, 24 October 2015, 01:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

24 October 2015, 01:26:37 AM Last Edit: 20 November 2015, 10:08:17 PM by Leon

Welcome to the Pendraken Miniatures newsletter!

With only three more shows left this year but Christmas fast approaching, it's full steam ahead at Pendraken HQ!

Blitzkrieg Commander!

Most folks will know by now that we acquired the rights to the Commander series of rulesets earlier this year and we've now started the process of revamping them.  First on the operating table will be Blitzkrieg Commander, and we're aiming for a reprint and release around January/February of 2016.  The rules are currently away with Steve Hardy (author of Warband) and we should have the first draft with us before the end of the year.

In the meantime, we're asking for any feedback/suggestions/input from previous and potential gamers, anything you think worked, anything which might need a tweak, etc.  Our number one aim with this process is to keep intact the Blitzkrieg Commander rules that so many people have enjoyed and played for years, but give them a modern refresh.  We'd love to hear all of your views, so head over to the Forum and add your thoughts in the new Blitzkrieg Commander section.

Latest Releases!

We've released a whole load of new goodies over the past few months and that's continuing into October as well.  So far this month we've added:

> Flodden Expansion - As part of a customer-led project, we've added an extra 22 codes to our 16th Century English/Scots range.

> New Flags - We've had these on the show stand for a while, but these 21 flags are now available, covering Medievals, Ottoman Turks and a load for the ECW!

> Street Barricade - This handy piece of terrain comes in 3 sections, so you can put them together however you like!

> New pre-painted Epsilon sets - More new items from the talented Epsilon chaps, this time with a pack of 3 pillboxes and a very nice Spanish windmill!

In The Pipeline!

After we started taking your suggestions on them last month, we've already had the first batch of WWII Polish through from the sculptor.  We'll have a couple more batches before the end of the year, then we'll just need to add the gun pieces from our other modeller.

Other than those, things are progressing quietly on other fronts, but we should have the Napoleonic Nassau range ready to go shortly after the Fiasco show, and then the next Warband army will also be available in the next fortnight.

And finally, we turn to future ranges, and in a piece of news of particular importance to one man, we'll be starting work on an Aztec range!  Similarly to the WWII Polish, we're looking for your input on these, so head over and add your suggestions here.  Any reference images you have will also be appreciated!

Shows!

As mentioned above, we've only got three shows left this year, with Fiasco in Leeds being first in line this weekend, followed by the Warfare show down in Reading on November 14th/15th.  We'll need pre-orders for that one with us before Sat 7th Nov please.

And also, another reminder about Crisis pre-orders.  We're not attending the show ourselves, but our friend Ian at Eagle Figures has agreed to take any pre-orders for us.  More info can be found on the Forum here and you can place your orders by email or through the Contact tab on our website.

Website Photos!

Not a lot to report on this front, but we have updated some of the League of Augsburg pictures to better show off Andy Mac's excellent painting.  We'll be doing this with a lot of the AWI codes as well over the coming weeks, hopefully followed by new pictures for some of those missing in both of the ranges.

After those, we've got the full ACW range to be photo'd up as well.

Warband Facebook!

And finally, a quick point in the direction of the Warband Facebook page, where you can see the latest news, releases and links to batreps as well.

So that's it for this month, we hope you like all of the new releases and are looking forward to what's coming soon.  Let us know if you've got any queries or comments on anything mentioned.

Cheers!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

"...looking forward..." - what an understatement.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Techno

Those are rather splendidly painted figures !
Smashing job by Andy Mac.  8)
Do click on that LOA link above, to see more .................  :-bd :-bd
Cheers - Phil

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D> :-bd

Tease, only the first 10 codes with new pics :P ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Westmarcher

Strangely enough, I was thinking about Redstef's wonderful units the other day so had a look at the LoA range on the website to see what was on offer. Didn't realise at the time that the pics were only recently posted. Anyhoo, very impressed by Andy Mac's paint job also. A really, really tempting range, made more so by his art work. Can't wait to see the 'pic upgrades'  for the other ranges mentioned.

I apologise in advance if someone takes offence but, on the assumption that all feedback is welcome, may I also be honest about the Epsilon windmill Very nice as one would expect ... but ... the roof tiles - disappointing and not up to their usual high standards in my opinion. Otherwise a very nice building which I am sure will be popular.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Leman

See you all in Reading folks. Actually there for both days.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Leon

Quote from: Westmarcher on 24 October 2015, 10:10:06 AM
I apologise in advance if someone takes offence but, on the assumption that all feedback is welcome, may I also be honest about the Epsilon windmill Very nice as one would expect ... but ... the roof tiles - disappointing and not up to their usual high standards in my opinion. Otherwise a very nice building which I am sure will be popular.[/size]

Feedback's always appreciated, no worries there.  The tiles have been carved into the roof rather than individually modelled, which could be either a time-saving option from their end or it could be to keep the roof flat and reduce the chance of airbubbles getting trapped during casting.  I'll pass the feedback on though.  If folks fancied doing it, some card tiles could be cut instead and you could lay those over the top to give a more 3D effect.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fred.

I too wondered about the size of the tiles on the windmill's roof. I should have one in my grubby hands soon, so can have a proper look.

The idea of card tiles to add some more 3d effect is a good one.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts