Master list for a new Aztec range - Add your input!

Started by Leon, 22 October 2015, 12:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Leon on 22 October 2015, 12:00:26 AM
So, let us know what you think, add anything we might be missing, and include any pics where possible.  We'll pass all this onto Phil and we'll make some progress on ticking this range off the Top 10 Requests list!

Llamas and alpacas (both naked and pack), tapirs, jaguars, caimans, anacondas, winged serpents, coypu, capybara and cavies/guinea pigs... ;)

If you could add in some morokanth, ahem, fantasy tapir-men then that would be even more awesome  :D

Cheers!

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Techno

Oh come ON !

You can all make your own anacondas !
Cheers - Phil

Ithoriel

One possible nice to have (as opposed to must have) would be the Aztec Tlamemeh, or porters, who brought supplies and reloads to the Aztec warriors.

Also, have I missed the "shorn heads" in the list?

Not sure my painting is up to the challenge these days but what's not to love about an army that looks like this?

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Techno on 22 October 2015, 02:55:02 PM
Oh come ON !

You can all make your own anacondas !
Cheers - Phil

Yeah, but it wouldn't have the style or panache of an official Techno rolled length of greenstuff  8)

Techno

:P  ;)  ;D
(Yes.........But what will I charge Leon ?)  ;)

Men in one piece 'pajamas' will be a piece of widdle......How some of the headdresses will come out of a mould without snapping off, is another matter.  X_X
Cheers - Phil.

Leon

Quote from: barbarian on 22 October 2015, 11:54:54 AM
Should I send you some of the minis I made already ?

Thanks for the offer, but probably not, it would be better to keep them all from one sculptor and the same style, etc.  I appreciate the offer though!  8)

Quote from: Ithoriel on 22 October 2015, 03:27:54 PM
One possible nice to have (as opposed to must have) would be the Aztec Tlamemeh, or porters, who brought supplies and reloads to the Aztec warriors.

FK had mentioned those in an email as well, so we're thinking we might be able to convert them from one of the other porter codes we've already got.

:-\

Quote from: Techno on 22 October 2015, 04:46:40 PM
How some of the headdresses will come out of a mould without snapping off, is another matter.  X_X

I think those will come under the 'Back banners' bit, where we'll have to sprue them up and cast them separately for folks to add themselves.  Some of those larger ones on poles would never cast if they were attached to the figure.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

Quote from: Leon on 22 October 2015, 05:09:30 PM
I think those will come under the 'Back banners' bit, where we'll have to sprue them up and cast them separately for folks to add themselves.  Some of those larger ones on poles would never cast if they were attached to the figure.

Oh....Yeah !....'Course  X_X (Only ever had to do that at this scale , once before......And I'd forgotten all about that.....At least it'll make things easier.....Huzzah !)
The larger 'samurai helmet' type 'thingy' would certainly be fun to try and get to come out, attached to the model !  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

Rob

I would be very interested in an Italian wars range so some dual use Spanish would be good.

:) Rob

FierceKitty

Got that already. The first of my current 10mm were French and Spanish renaissance.

Rob

Do you mean early 16th Century English and Scots?

FierceKitty

I used them extensively, yep. Also a few figures from Irregular Miniatures and the late Obelisk Miniatures (also the source of my Inca army; I wonder if anyone else has one?).

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

O Dinas Powys

How about some civilians, priests and a human sacrifice viginette?!  :d

Cheers!

Meirion

Rob

I think the range would benefit from an increase in scope. Namely more modern Mexicans. I think you should include figures such as cavalry with sombreros, revolvers, Winchesters and infantry with Mausers.  :)