Master list for a new Aztec range - Add your input!

Started by Leon, 22 October 2015, 12:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Like flying cars, affordable housing and a mobile phone that doesn't require a degree to use it, some things always seem just out of reach... until now!  After years of torture, the Forum's most feline of members will finally get his wish as we set our sights on a new range of Aztecs!

This is going to be a slow burning project with us only expecting to squeeze one or two sculpts into each month's budget, but it's a start and we'll be making progress.  Below is the initial master list that FK has helped us put together, so we're now putting it out there for your feedback and suggestions.  We're also looking for any sources of reference material and pictures where possible, so that Phil's got some solid info to work from when the time comes.

1.  Command - General, standard-bearer, conch trumpeter, drummer.
2.  Cuachic veterans - Three poses, 2 with swords, 1 with spear/atlatl.
3.  Eagles - Three poses, 2 with swords, 1 with spear/atlatl.
4.  Jaguars - Three poses, 2 with swords, 1 with spear/atlatl.
5.  'Coneheads' headgear - Three poses, 2 with swords, 1 with spear/atlatl.
6.  Suit-wearers (cylinders, bare heads, coyotes) - Three poses, 2 with swords, 1 with spear/atlatl.
7.  Novices 1 - Two poses with sword.
8.  Novices 2 - Two poses, with spears/atlatl.
9.  Novice Slingers - Three poses.
10. Novice Archers - Two poses.
11. Otomi - Two poses with swords.
12. Levies without arming doublet padding - One spearman, one stone-thrower.
13. Back banners for adding to the above - 6 variants

So, let us know what you think, add anything we might be missing, and include any pics where possible.  We'll pass all this onto Phil and we'll make some progress on ticking this range off the Top 10 Requests list!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Sandinista

Had to check the date there, I thought we had time-slipped to April 1st  ;)

Cheers
Ian

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Ithoriel

Slow burn suits me - I need to clear a space in the lead mountain!

Nice list.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Rob

These are Maya (I think) but there is a good selection of weaponary in use for Phil to browse.

Warning bloody scene in part!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qfsMjASwTM

:) Rob

Leon

Quote from: Sandinista on 22 October 2015, 01:03:42 AM
Had to check the date there, I thought we had time-slipped to April 1st  ;)

It was about time, he's been asking about them for at least 5 years now and they've been in and around the Top 10 Requests almost since the Forum started! 

The only ranges above them in the Top 10 are the Moderns and Yom Kippur which we'll be moving into next year as we start on modern infantry, War of 1812 which we'll be getting to as part of the Naps expansion, and the Indian Mutiny which we've made a brief start on and will be finishing off sometime towards the end of 2016 hopefully.

Quote from: Fenton on 22 October 2015, 01:07:08 AM
I RESIGN!

:D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

Excellent.

I shall look forward to doing the duck beak masks......That should please a lot of people.  ;)
(Thanks for the link to the clip, Rob.....Wasn't quite as gory as I thought it was going to be....Though I did have to find my old password... ;D ;D ;D ;D)
Cheers - Captain Beaky.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Ian - after you...

Well done chaps, nice to see customer led ranges are working. I really hope it sells well, and a good range of codes there too.

Nope, definitely not April 1st...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

Cool. My only knowledge comes from the Age of Empires computer game.

But having some jungle warriors to fight against my Lizardmen will be cool.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

fsn

:o

Well that's it then. Aztecs in Pendraken! What will we have to use as a running joke then?  Unless ... is this a really, really long played April Fool? Techno will do some "Oh technical difficulties" then on 1st April post photos of a chocolate bar, a Pontiak and a 1980's Scottish new wave band?

Actually I'm very glad. FK has waited a long time for these and has taken much stick for his desire for painted young men in feathers.

Enjoy FK, enjoy!

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

May I observe that the range will allow plenty of scope for conversions too? The novices would just need to have their topknots filed off and a headband painted on, and there are your Tlaxcalan auxilliaries for the Spaniards (and the Coyote suit-wearers just need a feathery texture to become Tlaxcalan champions). The Jaguars will effortlessly paint up as tzitzimitl ghost warriors, and so on.

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Bodvoc

I am sure they could be painted up for a Warband army too? Serpent Men instead of Dragon Men?
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

barbarian

Should I send you some of the minis I made already ?
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!