Leaving Damage On Test Game

Started by pbeccas, 21 October 2015, 09:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunjester

Another option is remove 3 hits at the end of each turn, so units that have taken a real pasting but survived will be more vulnerable in the next turn. :-\

Itinerant Hobbyist

Late to the game on this topic - but I've always played with hits staying on. As soon as I read the rules for the first time and I saw that option, I ran with it. Though I do like the idea of recovering some of them based on veteran level.

Ithoriel

Hi, welcome to the forum ... erm ... do I know you well enough to call you Itinerant or should it be Mr Hobbyist on first meeting? :)

Since the forum tends to be relaxed, friendly and oddball by turns, I'll go with "Hi, IH!"

I've played all hits come off, all hits stay on and removal of some hits depending on troop quality and have to say that each has it's benefits and problems so pick whichever works for you and those you play with.

Cheers!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

toxicpixie

One of the advantages with *Commander is it's relative simplicity and lack of needing to track things turn to turn (suppression being the only exception); this is why I've never been very happy with any of the various suggestions for hits stay on.
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting