My WW-1 project '1918'

Started by Ace of Spades, 17 October 2015, 12:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Subedai

That one is very good. Like all the piles of rubble on the pavement.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Ace of Spades

The first full platoon of Stosstruppen is ready now as well; from left to right a LMG Gruppe, a Schützen Gruppe, a Grenadier Gruppe with platoon commander in front and next another Schützen Gruppe and the second LMG Gruppe. All Gruppen are nine men strong so this platoon is pretty well on strength for 1918. Different support weapons are up next!
Buildings are good enough but I will put some black cardboard 'dividers' inside to block the light from falling through and also to block line of sight.

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Terrific work, Rob !  :-bd
Cheers - Phil

fred.

Really nice. I like the figures and the houses lots.  :-bd

A very atmospheric setting. The partially glazed windows are a very nice touch.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ace of Spades

Quote from: fred. on 04 November 2015, 08:45:34 PM
The partially glazed windows are a very nice touch.

That's actually the easiest part; I buy these houses second hand off the Internet and then break out the glazing with a screwdriver or pocket knife. If I like the looks or it looks like I could tear the whole building apart by applying more force I just leave the remains in...
Lots more houses coming my way already and I must admit I might take all this to a whole new level with the other buildings added later on. Something like Berlin '45 with a few houseblocks might be interesting :-\

Thanks for all the compliments folks!

Rob

skywalker

Fantastic selection of toys............they look amazing :) :) :)

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon026

Wow, those are beautiful. Which ruleset will you be using?

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ace of Spades

Quote from: Leon026 on 05 November 2015, 06:49:18 PM
Wow, those are beautiful. Which ruleset will you be using?

Thank you Leon, we'll be adapting our own WW-2 rules 'Panzerkeil'.  They're very detailed so quite a lot of research is going into the WW-1 version with all the different weapons characteristics and tactics and we'll need quite a bit of testing to get all the details and 'feeling' right but the foundations are solid and, at least in the WW-2 settings, up to now give highly realistic results even when we play on battallion or brigade level. Mind you, that is in 1:1 in numbers... and then 20 mm....

Cheers,
Rob

Womble67

Very nice indeed I use a lot of n scale buildings

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ace of Spades

Right on then,
The support weapons for my Stosstruppen are almost done... when I'm ready with these they'll have a full 12 men Flammenwerfer Gruppe with two KleiF's  and the accompanying handgrenade throwers, two HMG's, a Minenwerfer 75, a T-gewehr 18 (AT-rifle), a TaK 37mm (AT-gun) and a shortened Russian 76mm Inf. gun for the Nahkampf Batterie. Guess that should give them a fair chance against the first French T-17 platoon (5 tanks) that's also underway. Hopefully all will be done on thursday around noon so I can take 'em along to some friends for a quick 1918 try out!
Pictures will follow a.s.a.p.!

Cheers,
Rob

Ace of Spades

I really need to take some more pictures of the stuff I did recently but at least these pic's turned out half decent...
Some more scenery done for the 1918 bombed woodland complete with some German and French casualties, some dead horses, abandoned guns etc.

Cheers,
Rob