Request: WWI French in close up

Started by NeilCFord, 15 October 2015, 03:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilCFord

Looking for pictures of the WWI French range, painted or unpainted, but close up. There are some already posted here, but it's difficult to tell the figures apart. Wanting to plunder the range for AVBCW Anglicans, hence wanting to check headgear and equipment out before ordering.

- Neil.

Ace of Spades

Howdy Neil,

I still have to take some decent pictures of my French WW-1 figures but I only have the 'late' war types in M15 Adrian helmets. Most are wearing greatcoats except for the marching figures and some of the kneeling/prone ones operating support weapons etc. Equipment consists mainly of Y-straps and cartridgepouches, breadbag, canteen, bayonet scabbard and gasmask container. The marching figures in vareuse are carrying blanket/greatcoat rolls. No backpacks anywhere (unfortunately!  >:( ).
If you have any specific questions just let me know and I can try to take a picture or describe the figure to you.

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

NeilCFord

Thanks Rob. It was the style of helmet I was interested in. Now I know it's correct name I'm sure a quick Google will return some image results that I can check.

- Neil.

NeilCFord

I should add that I found pictures of F1 (Infantry in kepi) and F2 (Infantry in helmet) at http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,875.msg7993.html#msg7993

- Neil.

Ace of Spades

You're welcome Neil!
The guys in the gasmasks by the way are the 'running' figures from F2 but with the M2 style gasmask on.
The French helmet worn in WW-2 is usually called the M26 by the way but differences are hardly visible in 10mm.

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

GrumpyOldMan

Hi

If you're looking for VBCW in Adrian there are the WW1 Italians, and their Fiat-Revellli machine gun even looks a bit like a Vickers if you scrunch up your eyes  :). The big advantage is they don't have the French style greatcoat. The artillery gunners are in field caps but maybe you can conscript French in their place. The WW1 Italians are very handy, I've even tested some with epoxy sailor collars for Italian 1930s marines.  :D

WW1 Italians (painted by CorvetteK225)

Fiat-Revelli

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

NeilCFord

Thanks for that. I'm considering going completely off piste and using WWI Middle East Brits. So the French/Italians are on hold for now.

- Neil.

GrumpyOldMan

16 October 2015, 09:21:47 PM #7 Last Edit: 16 October 2015, 09:23:28 PM by GrumpyOldMan
Quote from: NeilCFord on 16 October 2015, 09:05:41 PM
Thanks for that. I'm considering going completely off piste and using WWI Middle East Brits. So the French/Italians are on hold for now.

- Neil.

You can never have too many militias  :d :d......

Don't forget the Police units made up from Colonial ranges:-

VBCW can be a nasty swirling vortex sucking you in.....

:d :d :d :d :d...............