RJ War

Started by Subedai, 11 October 2015, 08:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Subedai

11 October 2015, 08:44:53 PM Last Edit: 11 October 2015, 08:46:33 PM by Subedai
Any news on when the cavalry and mounted occifer chaps for this lot will be out or can other ranges be subbed? Very much a grey area for me this but it looks as if it might have some potential.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

fsn

I don't know what this means.  :(
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Last Hussar

No change there then  ;D ;D
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Ithoriel

Quote from: fsn on 11 October 2015, 08:55:16 PM
I don't know what this means.  :(

It's the Ruritanian Janitors War of 1895, fsn, when the insurrection of the Ruritanian Janitors (Similar to the Jannisseries but with more buckets and mops and fewer kettle drums) was ruthlessly suppressed by Crown Prince Rupert's corp of Imperial
Occifers (Mounted Western Ruritanian gentry - occifer being derived from occidental)

..... oh, alright then ....

There are no mounted figures for the Pendraken Russo-Japanese War range.

<grumble><grumble> the first version was much more interesting and believable <mutter>
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Von Fluffywitz says the main encounter of the 1805 war was often described as 'The Battle Without A Start' and despite massive expenditure of ammunition, there were no casualties on either side during the five days of the battle.
Both sides swapped standards after this, if only to save face...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Quote from: Subedai on 11 October 2015, 08:44:53 PM
Any news on when the cavalry and mounted occifer chaps for this lot will be out or can other ranges be subbed? Very much a grey area for me this but it looks as if it might have some potential.

Should this one have been in the Late 19th/Colonial section?  There's no plans for extensions to the Russo-Japanese range in the foreseeable, I'd think if it ever appeared on the radar that we'd just redo the whole range as they're older sculpts now.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Subedai

Quote from: Leon on 12 October 2015, 03:04:35 AM
Should this one have been in the Late 19th/Colonial section?  There's no plans for extensions to the Russo-Japanese range in the foreseeable, I'd think if it ever appeared on the radar that we'd just redo the whole range as they're older sculpts now.

Yep. Unfortunately my mouse-clicking finger pressed down at the wrong place. Apologies and thanks in advance if you want to move it.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!