New Flodden codes now available!

Started by Leon, 10 October 2015, 12:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

Welcome Scott - I think.

I do not need temptation like this!

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Orcs

Quote from: Techno on 13 October 2015, 04:59:16 PM
I could edit your post and take out the word 'don't', if it helps, Mark.  ;)

@-) @-) @-) @-) @-) @-) @-) @-) @-) @-) @-) @-)

(Resistance is futile.)

Cheers - Phil

Isn't it time you did something to yourself with a a dremel or scalpel - Or at least had several tons of Horse manure to shovel - anything to keep you gainfuly occupied and out of mischief?   :)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno

Quote from: Just a few Orcs on 14 October 2015, 08:06:19 PM
Isn't it time you did something to yourself with a a dremel or scalpel -  :)

Probably !  X_X
Cheers - Phil

Scott Blair

Hi guys

Thanks for all of the positive feedback on Flodden and sorry if this puts (more) temptation your way! Tony will, if time permits, get some more photos up on the forum as matters progress.

I am not new to 10mm. Been doing 10mm since about 2000 and currently have a big 2nd Boer War set up; NWF; AWI; 1745 Jacobites Indo China War and some WW2. As yet unpainted have War of the Pacific 1879....also do 6 and 3mm as well but that is another story.

Flodden is by far the biggest project I have undertaken by me and is likely to remain so-even my very tolerant wife has her limits! Plan is to refight the 1513 campaign but perhaps have options for what ifs eg more French support or for the English, perhaps some German mercenaries?

I do intend to fight the historical battle as well and that will mean that the lounge is converted into a gaming room for the day or weekend. Which means doing a deal with my wife about when to get the boys round....Oh and  a bit of furniture re-arrangement.

I am fortunate in having a good gaming set up which can be set up and taken down and which can accommodate big battles. I use two 12 by 3 feet fibreboards which can slot together using wooden dowel rods. Really lightweight and which can sit on two of those collapsible trestle tables much beloved of small traders at craft shows and the like.

I will be sure to get some photos of the battle when it is fought out. I am hoping for early part of 2016.

Looking forward to posting more on matters 10mil when time allows! 

Scott

Techno

A belated welcome from me, too, Scott.   :-h
(Sorry....I completely missed your first post !  X_X)

Great fun working with you & Tony....And thanks for all your help too......Brilliant info and resources.

Can't wait to see some more photo's !

Cheers - Phil

cameronian

Of course you'll need to do one of the King on foot with his long spear, didn't he go into battle with his foot soldiers?
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

TinyTinTroops

17 December 2015, 03:16:12 PM #66 Last Edit: 18 December 2015, 12:02:12 PM by Leon
Hi Folks

Finally managed to find time to get a few pictures of the completed Flodden bases processed and onto my website, here ....

http://www.tinytintroops.co.uk/Galleries/New_Style/New_Page_09_Flodden.htm

Not the greatest pictures but they do show off some of the new sculpts, particularly the foot command figures and the foot men at arms.

A few samples below, a few more on the website and i'll upload more when I get the chance.

Tony

Tony Hughes of Tiny Tin Troops

2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Wow! they really are the bog's dollocks.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Awesome!
Mine are my Xmas pressy this year!

What flags you use on where units? (that will upset those who fear bad grammer!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

Very tasty stuff. I need some more for slipping into the Italian Wars or I might die, right? They're medicinal...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

TinyTinTroops

Quote from: mad lemmey on 17 December 2015, 03:51:42 PM
Awesome!
Mine are my Xmas pressy this year!

What flags you use on where units? (that will upset those who fear bad grammer!

The flags are my own - I'm going to add a 'Flodden' range to the ones I already sell as soon as I get the time to sort out sheet layout etc.

They paint up really well, I'm quite pleased with them.

Now that I have sent this latest lot to the customer its back to painting my own WW1 stuff - when I'm not having to be 'sociable' over Xmas.

Tony

Techno

Lovely stuff, Tony !  :-bd
Cheers - Phil

Steve J

Wow, those are really, really nice 8).

JeffNNN

It's alright for you lot, you can admire Tony's stuff from afar. I have to face them over the table with my own average standard paint jobs.

TinyTinTroops

Quote from: JeffNNN on 18 December 2015, 09:58:54 AM
It's alright for you lot, you can admire Tony's stuff from afar. I have to face them over the table with my own average standard paint jobs.

Never mind Jeff, today you can play with mine - AND facing Belgians !!!

Tony