Fury

Started by Nosher, 07 October 2015, 04:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosher

Just watched Fury  =)

Wont be watching it again anytime soon.
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

jambo1

Haven't seen it yet but not too sure if I will bother.

Ithoriel

Really Nosher?

I enjoyed it, seen it twice at the cinema and a couple more times on DVD.

What was your problem with it?
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leon

I thought it was OK as well, but I'm not in a rush to watch it again.  Seeing the armour rolling about was cool, but the 'last stand' at the end was a bit out there.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Matt J

pretty good until the last 30 mins which was utter bol**cks
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Ithoriel

Audie Murphy drove off an attack by an estimated 200 German infantry while standing on the engine deck of a burning tank-destroyer with nothing but it's AA machine-gun .... and you think Fury was far-fetched :-)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Nosher

Quote from: Ithoriel on 07 October 2015, 06:06:10 PM
Really Nosher?

I enjoyed it, seen it twice at the cinema and a couple more times on DVD.

What was your problem with it?

Apart from the Sherman Troop v The Tiger battle reminding me of a game of Flames of War and tracer rounds that were remarkably like bolters from Star Wars...

It's probably just me (that or my age) but I'm finding that when there are 'talking bits' I can barely understand a word that's being said. I have to have the volume on so loud my walls reverbrate. I end up having to keep switching the volume up and down.
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Leon

Quote from: Nosher on 07 October 2015, 09:21:19 PM
It's probably just me (that or my age) but I'm finding that when there are 'talking bits' I can barely understand a word that's being said. I have to have the volume on so loud my walls reverbrate. I end up having to keep switching the volume up and down.

I find that with so many programmes as well.  For years now we've been putting the subtitles on most of the time.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Luddite

I find American difficult to understand.  Its almost a different language now.
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Ithoriel

OK, that explains it :)

I watch waaaay too many US cop shows and I'm constantly turning TVs and the like down after others have used them. Talky bits were not a problem.

FierceKitty

Quote from: Luddite on 07 October 2015, 09:43:12 PM
I find American difficult to understand.  Its almost a different language now.

Several different languages. Some regions are no trouble, others as bad as Glaswegian (well, nearly).
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

FierceKitty

Quote from: Ithoriel on 07 October 2015, 07:48:01 PM
Audie Murphy drove off an attack by an estimated 200 German infantry while standing on the engine deck of a burning tank-destroyer with nothing but its AA machine-gun .... and you think Fury was far-fetched :-)

Then there's Horatius and possibly two friends stopping the entire Etruscan army in its tracks....

FierceKitty

By the way, does the eponymous tank in that movie have a hypodermic needle on the turret? If so, it may be a new Fury with the syringe on the top.

fsn

I don't know whether to applaud or groan ....

I'll do both  =D> =D> #-o #-o
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

I know nothing about tanks, don't wargame beyond 1922 and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Couldn't abide Richard Burton's effort at Alexander though.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!