ACW southern belles

Started by Aksu, 04 October 2015, 06:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aksu

Hullo,
Been painting some last bits and bobs for our Longstreet campaign, including a base of southern "Local Assistance" i.e. local belles from the ACW61 pack. Tried out some coloured washes from warpaint, pretty happy with the results - the colours (red here) remain nice. Which is good news now that I move onto more colourful periods. However, looking at the close-up it seems these damsels are actually southern spies in drag. I say, what kind of trickery is this :)
Cheers,
Aksu

fsn

Nice job sir!

I do like some local colour.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D>

The one on the left does look rather 'butch'
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno

Really good job on those, Aksu !

Cheers - Phil.

Maenoferren

Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Westmarcher

The one on the left reminds me of a blind date I once allowed myself to be talked into. 
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

toxicpixie

Westmarcher, you should have worn the green dress instead - it suits your eye colour more!

Very nice Aksu, handy little bit of table decoration at the very least and a potential nasty surprise for someone :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Aksu

Thanks for the comments. I never realised I could have used Hollywood as a uniformology source for the dames.  ;)
Cheers,
Aksu

Leman

I really like it when a table has scatter. Those two look really good.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

ronan

.. I thought we were back to the Totty thread !   :-[
:o

;)

( good job ! )

Tawa

Well that went down like a lead baboon......

O.P.E (Oik of the Pendraken Empire) - 2015 Honours List.

Aksu

Hullo,
One of the things this project and photo highlighted to me personally was the difference between what I see on the tabletop, and what I see in the close-ups. I have no problems with the habsburgian bone structure of the lady in red on the tabletop, but she certainly looks a bit too masculine in close-ups.
Anyway, to me 10mm is the perfect scale for big armies with lots of figures viewed from a comfortable gaming distance without the need for my reading glasses :)
Cheers,
Aksu

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!