What is happening with BKC?

Started by Leon, 01 October 2015, 12:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

CWC won't be getting started until BKC is completely done, so it's not going to be until next year I'd think at this point.  I'm hoping that CWC will be a quicker process having got BKC sorted and out there first, we should be better prepared for any potential delays or stumbling blocks.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

cardophillipo

Leon

Nothing yet, the website issues have slowed everything down and now we've hit the shows again.  I'm upto page 39 of about 55 which I'm working through, so we're getting there. 
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Wonderdog

Wonderdog

Monthly refresher :P Ping... ping....

Leon

Sadly, it's not great news.  The last 2 months have been a blur of shows, illnesses, weddings, birthdays and honeymoons, so very little progress has been made.  The next 5 weeks see us away at 3 shows, including our own Battleground event which means extra time in organisation, then we'll be hitting the Christmas orders.

On top of that, with all the website issues recently, we've had to pay for a new site to be built, which should be online in the next month or so hopefully.  That means a lot of back and forth with the new web designer getting it how we want it, then a whole load of time getting the products and images onto it.

So, the bad news is that BKC won't be happening this year.  There's simply so much extra work required elsewhere at the moment that I wouldn't be able to get it finished off without sacrificing food and/or sleep and giving myself some kind of breakdown.  I know that people are waiting and waiting and waiting, and I'm sorry for the delays, but things just aren't working in our favour these past few months.  

Once we hit Xmas, with the shows finished for the year and a sparkly new website online, I'll have the breathing space to sit and spend a couple of weeks doing nothing but BKC and then we'll have a finalised draft to go out for feedback.

paulr

Good call Leon =D> =D>

Frustrating for those waiting but better they know it will be next year than keep hoping it will be next week...

As has been said on another thread we all suffer if one of the team at Pendraken fall over due to stress or over work

Remember to take Christmas morning off ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

toxicpixie

So, BKC 1st Jan, then revisited CWC the day after?

FWC can wait for a week then, I think.

:o :o

*ducks
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Yeah, Techno is making some of them...  ;)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

Early mid or late War ones, or the better post war ones? Also, are the Future Ducks "near now" or proper deep space Ducks?
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leon

It's been a long time since the last update, but the good news is...

It's finished!  Well, nearly...

I've completed merging the original and revised text into a final version, almost all of the formatting has been done and we've got an expanded 49 armies lists in there now as well.  I need to do a final check through some of the formatting before sending it off to the feedback group at the start of next week.  All being well, we'll get the feedback over the next fortnight, make any remaining tweaks and then everything can be finalised and sent off to the printers before the end of March, ready for a release at Salute.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Sandinista

Looking forward to Salute  :)

Cheers
Ian

Matt J

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!