WW2 Virtual Campaign

Started by Nosher, 29 September 2015, 08:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Subedai

I take it the terrain at any given battle would be worked out by the individual concerned; taking into consideration the type of battle it is.

A month or two down the line suits me fine.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

bigjackmac

Ithoriel,

I think that sounds amazing, a really cool idea.  I would like to take part in that, but personally that's not something I'd want to try to run.  But I love the idea of taking part, with the freedom of coming and going, playing different theaters, and I'd contribute air and naval batreps as well.

I love the "PBC" ideas as well, too cool!

V/R,
Jack

Ithoriel

Quote from: Subedai on 07 October 2015, 07:16:31 PM
I take it the terrain at any given battle would be worked out by the individual concerned; taking into consideration the type of battle it is.

A month or two down the line suits me fine.

My preference would be that people play whatever games they want without much restriction. The theatre would be determined by the combatants involved but otherwise I'd say pretty much anything goes. Rules, figures, terrain, scale etc are all down to the participants.

No problem for me if some people are fighting Ardennes 1940 and others are fighting Ardennes 1944 or D-Day or Dieppe.

Given this is the Pendraken website it would be nice to get some in-game shots of Pendraken kit in action and perhaps some AARs of BKC games - lets not be ungenerous to our hosts here. But if people wanted to report games of Spearhead in 6mm or Bolt Action in 28mm or even games of Heroes of Normandie or Memoir '44 I'd be up for including them.

For me the aim is to generate a group activity that can include as many folks here as want to join in.

YMMV!!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Nosher

My original intent was that participants would fight whatever theatre suited them with whatever rules they prefer and that only the result would feed into the final result.

I'd be playing various games - IABSM, CoC, Bolt Action and BKC depending on what I fancied playing and time I had available. I also envisaged most of my games being solo, although whenever I participated in a WW2 club game I'd do a batrep for that and include it in the campaign.

I wouldn't necessarily see each of my games as continuing on from the last - not every time anyway.
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

bigjackmac

What Nosher and Ithoriel are saying is good with me, I will gladly take part.

Someday, though, I'd like to run a campaign as I described above ;)

V/R,
Jack