Zombie Flesh??

Started by Nosher, 20 September 2015, 01:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosher

Contemplating the flesh tones on my Warband Undead  :-\

What colours are people using for Zombie Flesh? I use vallejo paints. Pastel Green I quite like but its almost white and doesn't stand out enough methinks.....

What else could I use?
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Fenton

Vallejo green grey number 971 with a green or brown wash might work well
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Lower extremities would be almost burgundy, due to lividity. Otherwise a grey/green colour, pale and tending mote to grey.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

petercooman

I use a drybrushed pale flesh tone washed with sephia and then redrybrushed with fleshtone all over a black undercoat :

Mind you this is for 28mm!

Maenoferren

I have a lot of Necrotic flesh by GW, it is ancient but still works :)
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Nosher

I found some GW rotting flesh.... :)
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

petercooman

I still have 2 pots of rotting flesh, but didn't want to use them on my zombies, as the ghouls were painted in that colour  :D

Rotting flash, heavy thraka green wash, rotting flesh drybrush on raised area's and then very dry white drybrush  ;)

Oh and the blood splatter is just regular baal red wash painted/pooled on

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Coat d'arms flesh (it's quite pale) green ink wash, flesh highlights, then muddy highlights over the whole figure!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner