Oh my word! Japan!

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 19 September 2015, 07:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Sadly for Wales, the Springboks did turn up.

Assuming that Steve's right about the 'home teams', above......I wonder whether the Irish can beat the Aussies in the second semi, to get to the final.  :-\
Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

The Wales/SA game was a corker, can't believe how tight it was until that last try! Brilliant try too...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

The All Blacks were simply awesome last night. I haven't seen such a one sided game for a long, long time. Wales did well considering their long list of injuries, but the first half penalties they gave away cost them the match. Not sure the Springboks can go all the way to the final though.

FierceKitty

Quote from: Steve J on 18 October 2015, 11:23:40 AM
The All Blacks were simply awesome last night. I haven't seen such a one sided game for a long, long time. Wales did well considering their long list of injuries, but the first half penalties they gave away cost them the match. Not sure the Springboks can go all the way to the final though.

Hey, we nearly captured Rommel this afternoon!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

So, 3-0 southern hemisphere now!
23 point win by Argentina over Ireland!!!! Ouch!
🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷😱🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Just got in from shopping with son and gob-smacked by the size of the Puma's win :o :o :o

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Why do I get a feeling all Northern Hemisphere teams will be out before Strictly starts...

There was an Englishman, Welshman and Irishman in the bar - the Scotsman, being a true Scot, said "Get them in I'll be joining you soon."

Fenton

Typing this while Scotland are leading Australia but the Northern Hemisphere teams just seem so much slower and have less isdea in attack than the Southern Hemisphere teams
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Tawa

Well that went down like a lead baboon......

O.P.E (Oik of the Pendraken Empire) - 2015 Honours List.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

In the bar later the Englishman asks for a pint of Brains bitter because lack of brains lost them the match, the Welshman just asks for bitter, reflecting his feelings, the Irishman asks for Guinness because they lost through lack of strength. When asked the Scotsman asks for a wee one - no one dared ask why.

Techno

Felt really sorry for the Scots.
They played magnificently. (What a way to lose.  X_X)
Cheers - Phil

Steve J

The Scots played well but the Wallabies were sloppy IMHO. Poor defence (or complete lack of) for the first Scottish try and a moment of madness for the second via the interception. When the Wallabies attacked they seemed to score and were much faster at the breakdown etc.

You really do notice the speed difference between the Northern and Southern hemisphere sides. We all look slow compared to the All Blacks et al.

Kiwidave

Quote from: Steve J on 18 October 2015, 07:02:28 PM
We all look slow compared to the All Blacks et al.

That's coz you are  :P

Best moment for me so far: Savea bulldozing his way through 3 Frenchman to score - reminiscent of Lomu running over half the England team 20 years ago :D

Sean67

Thought Scotland should of won it!
Sloppy to give a penalty away in last minute.
:'( :'(

Steve J

The penalty that wasn't one it appears. Craig Joubert didn't have a good game to say the least. He was penalising the Wallbies in the scrum, then completely missed the Scottish tighthead slipping his bind in the scrum  right in front of him. Scotland deserved to win for their sheer determination and team work.

Thank God we have Wayne Barnes and the brilliant Nigel Owens to referee the semi-finals, with hopefully the latter for the final. The Southern hemi-sphere teams are definitely better than their Northern hemi-sphere cousins, but their refs are pretty poor IMHO.