Oh my word! Japan!

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 19 September 2015, 07:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

That was one heck of a game! 8)
🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵😱😃😘
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Nosher

BANZAI!!! BANZAI!!! BANZAI!!!

Cracking game. Where do the Springboks go from here?
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I was doing DIY chores and missed it !  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Did the Springboks put out their under-14s side or something ?

Cheers - Stunned of Wales.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Springboks put out their most experienced side ever!

Some wag was quick on Wikipedia tonight:
"The Japan national rugby union team (often known as the Cherry Blossoms or more recently the Murderers of Springboks)"

Subedai

Even Ma Subs and I enjoyed that match. Right to the wire.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

jimduncanuk

Quote from: mad lemmey on 19 September 2015, 07:13:14 PM
That was one heck of a game! 8)
🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵😱😃😘
Can only hope they have a bad day on Wednesday!
My Ego forbids a signature.

mollinary

They were AWESOME!  :o  :o  :o   :o.   I watched England on Friday night and wondered what had happened to the modern game. I was bored rigid, and started channel hopping and playing on my iPad.  I put the TV on this pm after a trip to the shops, and was hooked,. It was electrifying. They were liike a pack of hounds harrying a bear, fast, relentless, fearless.  An amazing performance which should not be downplayed by arguments about the Springboks being past it. The Japanese absorbed their best shots and kept coming back for more. The most impressive Springbok on display was Francois Pienaar, who was a model of what we hope Rugby
turns out, a true gentleman. Maybe this tournament will be worth watching after all. :-\

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Nosher

Followed up by a dull slugfest between Les Bleus and The Azuri..... The Northern Hemispheres game is well behind in skill and panache.  I-)
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Steve J

Agreed, an absolutely cracking game. Well done to Japan for tenacity, guts, flair and attacking play. Next game against Scotland on Wednesday which could be interesting...

paulr

Quote from: Nosher on 19 September 2015, 07:20:59 PM
BANZAI!!! BANZAI!!! BANZAI!!!

Cracking game. Where do the Springboks go from here?

Quote from: mad lemmey on 19 September 2015, 07:28:55 PM
Home?

I'm not sure they will be let back in :o
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Westmarcher

Quote from: Steve J on 19 September 2015, 09:26:34 PM
Next game against Scotland on Wednesday which could be interesting...
Banzai, Banzai .... blah, blah ....

No worries. On Thursday we'll be saying, "They came on in the same old way and we defeated them in the same old way."*

[.... I hope!   :-S  :-S ]

*Wellington after Waterloo.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

pierre the shy

19 September 2015, 11:06:51 PM #12 Last Edit: 19 September 2015, 11:08:43 PM by pierre the shy
Japan game was amazing - just saw some highlights on TV.

I hope the AB's don't have an extra seat on the plane* when they come home, else they might end up being denied entry back into NZ  ;)

* when Team NZ won the America's Cup in 1995 the cup was so big that they booked a separate seat for it on the Air NZ flight back from LA.

The Webb Ellis trophy is very small in comparison - I'm sure Ritchie McCaw can hold it comfortably in one hand during the flight home - says Pierre with fingers crossed  :)

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Luddite

Best game i've seen in a very long time.  Well deserved win to the Japanese.
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

paulr

There are going to be a lot of upset gamblers here in NZ >:(

The TAB (official betting organisation) is offering $1,000,000 if you can pick all the results of RWC correctly

I wonder home many live bets are left now :-\
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!