Ships, boats and marine craft

Started by Sunray, 29 August 2010, 10:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

Pendraken do ships well !  That's the consensus of all of us you have pleasure from the Flower Class Corvette to the Vietnam PRB. 

So what is our wish list for a navy ?

I would like a Landing Ship/Craft  Support Large -  something that would have lots of use from Commando raids to endless D Days and even into Indo China
An LSC small would also get hard usage, also, a river gun boat....something like the Thornycroft type that served from the 1930s to as late ...as the 1990s n latin America.

Leon tells me that MTB types are on the slipway....but there will always be a place for a small corvette that can stand off shore and use its firepower.

What's the feeling out there?

lentulus

I'd really like to see someone (Pendraken being the best choice) do some of the armored river boats used by the USSR, Romanians and Hungarians.  They are nice little support boats to be able to use in the right scenario, and just plain cool besides.

For the Russian ones, where you are re-using tank turrets anyway, the added investment is the resin hull.

Maenoferren

African Queen style of  boat would be nice
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Paint it Pink

Vietnam riverine monitors, all types, a barracks ship for same etc, etc.
Unlike some people, I feel under no obligation to pretend that only one war-gaming scale is true, and that any others 6mm/10mm/15mm/25mm are mistaken; or that I know better than people themselves what is right for them to use. The point is precisely for all war-gamers to decide for themselves.

http://panther6actual.blogspot.com/
http://ashleyrpollard.blogspot.co.uk/

Doug

I  add my support to the models Sunray has requested!

VonMeisten

We have the US Marine, so, it would be nice to have LCVP.

Leon

I've made a note for more boats, etc., so I'll keep an eye on this thread and see what else comes up.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!