Warband Dwarves- beginning.

Started by Bloodaxe, 11 September 2015, 04:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodaxe

Ive purchased the Dwarf army pack and several extra units to bolster my forces along with the Warbands army book.  Ive even got an old pack of GW Warmaster Dwarves- The Throne of power and Anvil of Doom.  I took out my figures and broke them up into units.

1 General- Throne of Power
1 Spell- crafter  Anvil of Doom
4 Warriors
5 Missiles (handguns, crossbows, bows & flame throwers)
2 Honor Guard
1 Noble Riders
3 Berserkers
1 Rock Elementals
1 Gyrocopter squadron
3 Artillery

Im going to use the flame throwers as a missile unit with slow/powerful.  The Throne & anvil will make great units for my leaders.  Looks like a good start for an army, 1,000 points or so, and a nice choice of units to give me variety for a 500 point game.  I have some tiny shields (bucklers from GW thunderers) to give my Dwarves shieldwall.  Im also thinking of making a small base to represent the Hero upgrade. Then I can just put it next to the unit he joins.

I think the best way to paint these tiny guys would be to put them on popsicle sticks with a drop of glue.  I also need to pick up some putty or spackle to even out the bases. I dont like the miniature bases to stand out so much.

Im thinking of a blue or a blue/yellow, blue/white paint scheme.   Something blue. I have the tiny blue dice/frames to put on the corner of the base.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner