Barbarians - WIP

Started by jimduncanuk, 10 September 2015, 10:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimduncanuk

Quote from: Westmarcher on 15 September 2015, 11:10:31 PM
See from your blog you haven't been well, Jim, and are just out of hospital. Get well soon.
Yup, still in bed for half a day at a time, still infectious, won't be allowed in public for at least another week, certainly can't paint as head is too sore.

Might try some filing of bases later today or tomorrow.
My Ego forbids a signature.

paulr

Hope you get better as soon as possible
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

jambo1

All the best Jim, hope you get better real soon.

jimduncanuk

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 16 September 2015, 09:58:55 AM
Might try some filing of bases later today or tomorrow.

So, this is Wednesday, not a great day, had to take painkillers this afternoon but not as many as yesterday.

I did file the bases of the High Elf cavalry. They won't fit Warmaster bases without doing so.

I'll leave final inspection of actual size for tomorrow. It's not something that can be fixed after paint is on them.

So, it's a start!

Ithoriel

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 16 September 2015, 10:00:50 PM
So, it's a start!

"A journey of a thousand li begins with a single step" - Lao Tzu

Hope you're on the mend!

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

jimduncanuk

Quote from: Ithoriel on 17 September 2015, 03:58:48 AM
Hope you're on the mend!
The earliest I can be considered non-infectious is about now but to be sure it will be next weekend.

Functionally I need to be able to tell the difference between 9.9 mm and 10.1 mm.

Still having to take painkillers and I speak to neighbours throw a window.

Techno

No, Jim.....Don't throw windows.  :o
Seriously....Hope you feel better soon, Matey !  :)
Cheers - Phil.

FierceKitty

Quote from: Techno on 17 September 2015, 12:48:42 PM
Cheers - Phil.

Hey! You're stealing my schtick!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

jimduncanuk

Quote from: Techno on 17 September 2015, 12:48:42 PM
Cheers - Phil.
Damn Autotext

Techno

What with wretched 'predictive text' and whatever painkillers you're on, Jim......it says something that you managed to post at all.

Cheers - Phil

jimduncanuk

Quote from: Techno on 17 September 2015, 01:57:34 PM
What with wretched 'predictive text' and whatever painkillers you're on, Jim......it says something that you managed to post at all.
Co-codamol.

I was very attached to my Kindle and the internet via my mobile phone WiFi hotspot during my isolation as it was the only thing keeping me sane. Four concrete walls soon get you down, just ask Johnny Cash.

Also, in general, I blog my hobby life so it has become second nature no matter how sh*t I feel.

Techno

Oh dear......

If you're taking 'full strength' co-codamol...and you're not used to them.....You're going to feel a teeny bit 'spacey'/ zonked out.

My 'body system' is so used to the number I take now, they don't do anything other than dull my back-ache....(Which IS good  :)).
My better half currently has a trapped nerve in her neck.....If she takes ONE, to relieve the pain she feels a bit 'high'.

Again...Get well soon, Matey !

Cheers - Phil

Ithoriel

I'll take spaced-out on co-codamol over shut down by temazepam any day - have been both in my time, though not simultaneously!! Neither are conducive to a regular painting regime. :(

How did we get from "Barbarians - WIP" to "Ailments and drugs of choice" exactly :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

jimduncanuk

Quote from: Techno on 17 September 2015, 03:19:34 PM
Oh dear......

If you're taking 'full strength' co-codamol...and you're not used to them.....You're going to feel a teeny bit 'spacey'/ zonked out.

My co-codamol is 30/500, which I understand is full strength and I'm allowed 8  a day.

Fortunately my pain is sporadic and I'm getting by on fewer.

Techno

That's good.

I take 8 every day.  X_X
Haven't tried temazepam.....Though we've got lots in the house. (For Mrs T when she was suffering from her gall bladder problems......and one of the now deceased dogs. EXACTLY the same pills !.......Weird thing is, that the effect on people is far more dramatic than on dogs......As 'I' says, it's 'shut down' time for folk.....Hardly made 'Seamus' dopey at all.)

That's enough junkie talk !.....But we'll just have to wait for Jim to feel better......It IS his topic !

Cheers - Phil