Can we have a do over?

Started by Shecky, 29 August 2010, 03:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shecky

OK, let me start with a bit of background...

I joined the fantasy league as a way to get into the EPL. I wanted to understand the teams - who is good, who is bad, who are the good players and the bad players, etc. I picked Arsenal to follow just because "gunners" seemed to fit into the military theme.  I wanted to follow EPL like people follow the NFL here in the states. Having played soccer (football) as a kid, I also wanted to reconnect to my youth.  Plus, having watched the World Cup, I sort of got the soccer (football) fever. I even went to a US Major League Soccer game recently and have been following my local MSL team. 

So, now that is all said...
I want a do over on my fantasy picks!  Two games into the season I realize what I should have done now.  I should have gone with higher quality and higher priced players on better teams as my starters than lower priced players who might score points on lesser teams. It makes sense now; pay more for players on good teams who are going to score a lot and for defenders who will shut down the opponent. Pay the minimum for substitutes who can fill in when Rooney doesn't play (like last week). It doesn't matter much if I have a good defender on a team that gives up 6 goals when I could have used some of those points to get Drogba!!!! (I actually thought about putting him on my team before the first game).

And why does it seem that when I declare my captain, that player is sure to only score 4 points when if I had them as my captain the week before they would have been over 20 points!

Like I said, I want a do over...

Leon

You can actually replace your entire team if you play your Wildcard.  Go to the 'Transfers', change the team as much as you want to, then go to confirm them.  You will have the option 'Play Wildcard' and this means that any transfers you do during that Gameweek will be free.  You could replace the whole team if you like!

Be warned though, you can only use the Wildcard once in the entire season!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Shecky

Good to know.

I thought the wildcard meant you got one extra transfer.  I didn't know it let you change your entire team. I may have to try that.

Thanks!

Megamatman

Did you manage to sort this Shecky?

Matt
Megamatman

Shecky

I haven't decided if I'll use my wildcard yet. I did make one transfer this week so I'll see how that does after the next gameweek.  I have a little over a week to do a little more number crunching and researching before I decide if I'm going to pull the trigger on the wildcard.