1/76 scale tanks at The Works

Started by Ithoriel, 04 September 2015, 11:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Er.... :-\

If they've got them in Cardigan.

I think I'll buy one of the IS-2s and one of the SU 122s.

Is this an IS -2 ? (Probably the only one I'll have trouble identifying.....The Matilda and Lee Grant look fairly distinctive, as does the SU 122.)

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Norm

My second post on the linked page below shows the SU 122 model. If you click on the photo it will enlarge so that you can see the kind of detail you will be getting.

LINK - http://commanders.simdif.com/video-links.html

Techno

Techno

Well........
'Bless' my socks !
I knew I bought a tiny little book about tanks, decades ago...But hadn't got a clue where it had been 'hidden'....So I hadn't bothered to look for it.
Ferreting around for something completely different yesterday afternoon.....I found it !

Collins/Jane's "Tanks of World War II".

I shall take it into 'The Works' this morning.....and I won't even have to remember what these tanks Mark wants, look like.....I'll be able to look at the little pictures in the book.
HUZZAH ! :-bd

Cheers - Phil

Techno

Partial success, Mark !

I've got you two of the armoured cars.
One IS-2.....
And one Matilda.

They definitely didn't have the Lee/Grant or the SU 122.

I'll see if I can bully one of the others into getting them for you.  ;)...and I'll reimburse them...postage, as well.
(They did have one 'boaty thing'.......Sorry if I'm being too technical here....I know not everyone on the forum is 'au fait' with vehicles from WWII as I am !  =O =O =O =O)

Cheers - Phil

OldenBUA

Is that the flatbottomed boaty thing or the roundbottomed boaty thing? Inquiring minds want to know.

Or is this line of questioning best reserved for the totty thread?
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Techno

Quote from: OldenBUA on 10 September 2015, 11:32:26 AM
Is that the flatbottomed boaty thing or the roundbottomed boaty thing? Inquiring minds want to know.

Or is this line of questioning best reserved for the totty thread?

Well...It's a  flatbottomed boaty thing as far as I can tell.
Mind you....That may just be down to getting the model to fit in the packaging.....Which is flat !  ;)

Cheers - Mr Expert.

fsn

I got one Grant and an unidentified Russian thing, wiv a Russian (not Soviet) flag.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

If that's the 4wd thing it's 1990's, and tip to all - READ the front of the box. It actually tells you what it be.

IanS

Techno

Quote from: ianrs54 on 10 September 2015, 01:04:15 PM
If that's the 4wd thing it's 1990's, and tip to all - READ the front of the box. It actually tells you what it be. IanS

It does !.....Though some of the letters are in Cyrillic  script.
I'm rather hoping Mark doesn't actually want the IS-2.....I rather like that as a 'nice model to have'....and then hide it away somewhere. ;)

£2 for that......BARGAIN !!

Cheers - Phil

There always seem to be IS-II left over, apart from the branch at Cheshire Oaks. The best looking model is the T-35.

IanS