Greatest Game on Earth

Started by Nosher, 29 August 2015, 05:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosher

120 years old today.

Happy 120th Rugby League <:-P <:-P <:-P

and what better way to celebrate than a masterclass in how to play from the Rhino's beating HKR 50-0 for the highest ever win margin, 5 tries from Tom Briscoe for a second record, nilling fierce rivals, and seeing three legends of the game hang up their boots with no fewer than 1300 club appearances between them.

King Kev MBE. One club man for 23 years.
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Steve J

Not if you're a Hull fan.....

Sandinista

Each to his own, I prefer proper rugby myself

cheers
Ian

fsn

OK, I admit I tune out when the sports news comes on the radio ... but did I hear that the Scottish Rugby Coach is Fearne Cotton?

Cue gratuitous sexy photos ...

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

Quote from: fsn on 10 October 2015, 08:39:19 AM
OK, I admit I tune out when the sports news comes on the radio ... but did I hear that the Scottish Rugby Coach is Fearne Cotton?

Is it bad that I realise this must be a leg pull but don't know why?

Or maybe it's not.

After all, if Hedy Lamarr could invent the frequency-hopping spread-spectrum technology that underlies wi-fi and Bluetooth there's no reason Fearne Cotton couldn't be Scottish Rugby Coach ... is there?

I wish I could say I felt I ought to know more about sport but ... Ooh! Squirrel!!

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: mad lemmey on 10 October 2015, 10:40:59 AM
I hate squirrels.

They are probably not too stuck on you....and they bite and carry rabies(maybe)  :o

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fsn

Googled it. Apparently it's "Vern Cotter".

Not quite as good looking IMHO.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Rob

Quote from: Nosher on 29 August 2015, 05:31:56 PM
120 years old today.

Happy 120th Rugby League <:-P <:-P <:-P

and what better way to celebrate than a masterclass in how to play from the Rhino's beating HKR 50-0 for the highest ever win margin, 5 tries from Tom Briscoe for a second record, nilling fierce rivals, and seeing three legends of the game hang up their boots with no fewer than 1300 club appearances between them.

King Kev MBE. One club man for 23 years.

I can hardly wait. Todays game I predict will be a classic.  :) :) Both sides deserve to win but I must say I hope it's Wigan.

Came home to me last Thursday, the seasons almost over.  :'( Only the Tests in November and then nothing until next year.  :( :(

Nosher

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/34457977

HAPPY DAYS!!!!!

Treble Nailed. Couldn't wish for a better send off for a one club legend ;)
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson