Loads of 20th C. masters!

Started by Leon, 29 August 2015, 02:47:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

It's been a busy old month at Pendraken HQ with all those shiny new releases, but we've also got more masters arriving all of the time, so here's a preview of some upcoming new WWI, WWII and Modern vehicles, artillery and infantry!

We'll start with WWI, where Martin has been busy working on some Austro-Hungarian tractors and the artillery piece they towed.  The Austin Daimler M12 and M17 tractors were both used for towing the 30.5cm Belagerungsmorser.  The M12 was used from 1912-1915 and a bit more info can be found here: http://www.trucksplanet.com/catalog/model.php?id=1786  The M17 was then used from 1917-1918, again more info here: http://www.trucksplanet.com/catalog/model.php?id=1788.

The models have been done in several parts, so the blu-tacked/balanced together pieces don't look as good in the photos as they will as a finished casting!

Austin Daimler M12:

Austin Daimler M17:

And here's a short video of the M12 in action:

As well as the tractors, Martin has also done us the gun and the trailer for towing it.  The 30.5cm Belagerungsmorser (or Skinny Emma) was a heavy mortar developed and produced by the Austro-Hungarian Empire before the start of the war.  There's loads more info on this one here: http://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/detail.asp?armor_id=671

I've not taken a picture of the trailer, as it comprises of several parts and I didn't want to lose any of them, but the gun looks fantastic!

30.5cm Belagerungsmorser with firing plate:

Moving on to WWII, first up we've got some more new WWII French for everyone.  This rounds off the current batch of sculpts and we'll be moving back to the Naps expansion in the coming months.

Engineers: With pick / With shovel / Laying mine.  25mm Hotckiss: Gun / Loader.  ChasseursKneeling / Walking / Running.

Elsewhere, we've also started revamping some of our older vehicles, starting with the German Panther D!  This is an excellent model, Martin has done a cracking job on this and we'll be using it as the base for converting to other types.

Panther D:

And finally, we're jumping forward 20 years as we reveal the T-62!  Produced throughout the 60's and 70's in numbers over 20,000 this MBT saw action all over Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Cuba.   They're still in use today all over the world, including 2000 in North Korea...  :-\   The T-62 has been requested many times here on the Forum, so we hope everyone likes it!

T-62:

That's all for now, more masters coming next month!

:-bd
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

8)

(Yes...I've woken up early again....The dogs were asking to be let out !.....Noisy 'things'.)
Cheers - Phil

fsn

Who let the dogs out?

(Who? Who? Who who?)

I hope that T62 is released speedily. Lovely compliment to the T54/55.

Those Austin Daimlers are beautifully ugly.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

The WWI mortar looks awesome - and the tractors very good too.

The WWII French will be handy for rounding out my forces too.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Dave

Quote from: fred    12df on 29 August 2015, 07:44:49 AM
The WWI mortar looks awesome - and the tractors very good too.

The WWII French will be handy for rounding out my forces too.

Thers is a towed version of the 30.5cm mortar :D to go with the trucks aswell ;D

Dave

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

But they is just masters - and the Conqueror took 6 months to appear.....

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leman

Like the Austrian stuff for WWI.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Dave

Quote from: Leman on 29 August 2015, 10:43:14 AM
Like the Austrian stuff for WWI.

I'm know on 1/2 a contract at work so moulds will be coming through at a faster rate

Dave

Ithoriel

Love that Panther ... already got some .... don't need any more .... so I guess I'll buy maybe half a dozen  =)

Any news on the T34-76 Model 1943 that was shown on here a while back? Another "don't need it, can't justify the spend but I'll buy some anyway" item!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Dave

Quote from: Ithoriel on 29 August 2015, 12:20:30 PM
Love that Panther ... already got some .... don't need any more .... so I guess I'll buy maybe half a dozen  =)

Any news on the T34-76 Model 1943 that was shown on here a while back? Another "don't need it, can't justify the spend but I'll buy some anyway" item!

A major revamp ;D decided to redo from scratch :(

Dave

Wulf

Engineers actually doing engineering stuff! Spectacular... Hopefully the other nationalities will get some minelayers too...

Risaldar Singh

The T-62 is very, very sweet. And the Austrian WW1 stuff is very nice too though I'll probably never need it.

Le Manchou

I might buy a good amount of T55 and T-62! I am still waiting for a modern version of Chain of command
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Dave

Quote from: Leon on 29 August 2015, 02:47:14 AM
It's been a busy old month at Pendraken HQ with all those shiny new releases, but we've also got more masters arriving all of the time, so here's a preview of some upcoming new WWI, WWII and Modern vehicles, artillery and infantry!

We'll start with WWI, where Martin has been busy working on some Austro-Hungarian tractors and the artillery piece they towed.  The Austin Daimler M12 and M17 tractors were both used for towing the 30.5cm Belagerungsmorser.  The M12 was used from 1912-1915 and a bit more info can be found here: http://www.trucksplanet.com/catalog/model.php?id=1786  The M17 was then used from 1917-1918, again more info here: http://www.trucksplanet.com/catalog/model.php?id=1788.

The models have been done in several parts, so the blu-tacked/balanced together pieces don't look as good in the photos as they will as a finished casting!

Austin Daimler M12:

Austin Daimler M17:

And here's a short video of the M12 in action:

As well as the tractors, Martin has also done us the gun and the trailer for towing it.  The 30.5cm Belagerungsmorser (or Skinny Emma) was a heavy mortar developed and produced by the Austro-Hungarian Empire before the start of the war.  There's loads more info on this one here: http://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/detail.asp?armor_id=671

I've not taken a picture of the trailer, as it comprises of several parts and I didn't want to lose any of them, but the gun looks fantastic!

30.5cm Belagerungsmorser with firing plate:

Moving on to WWII, first up we've got some more new WWII French for everyone.  This rounds off the current batch of sculpts and we'll be moving back to the Naps expansion in the coming months.

Engineers: With pick / With shovel / Laying mine.  25mm Hotckiss: Gun / Loader.  ChasseursKneeling / Walking / Running.

Elsewhere, we've also started revamping some of our older vehicles, starting with the German Panther D!  This is an excellent model, Martin has done a cracking job on this and we'll be using it as the base for converting to other types.

Panther D:

And finally, we're jumping forward 20 years as we reveal the T-62!  Produced throughout the 60's and 70's in numbers over 20,000 this MBT saw action all over Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Cuba.   They're still in use today all over the world, including 2000 in North Korea...  :-\   The T-62 has been requested many times here on the Forum, so we hope everyone likes it!

T-62:

That's all for now, more masters coming next month!

:-bd

Leon the wheels on the M17 are the wrong way round :o

Dad