New WWII and Modern vehicles released!

Started by Leon, 28 August 2015, 01:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

28 August 2015, 01:19:28 AM Last Edit: 28 August 2015, 01:22:49 AM by Leon
With all the recent Warband Fantasy additions, we didn't want to neglect all of our other customers, so here's half a dozen fancy new vehicles to keep you busy!  

First up we've got some additions to the WWII British, with the AEC Mk I gun carrier, or 'Deacon' to its friends.  These were only used in North Africa and less than 200 were produced, but it's a distinctive piece of kit with its sharp angles.  Secondly, we've got the Leyland Retriever trucks, used throughout the war and of course famously by Monty himself.

Elsewhere for WWII, we previewed the Fiat 508CM a short while back and here it is!  This one comes with both roof up and roof down versions, so you can pick and choose as you please.  There's no personnel in it, but we are looking at getting some drivers and passengers sculpted to go in all of our vehicles.

Moving forward a little, we've expanded the Modern vehicle ranges as well.  Firstly, the Lynx recon vehicle, which was used by a number of nations, including Canada and the Netherlands.  And then we've got the absolute behemoth that is the FV214 Conqueror!  Developed in the latter stages of WWII, the Conqueror was designed to go up against the Russian IS-3 tanks.  It was produced from 1955-66 until modifications to the Centurion reduced the need for it.  It's an imposing machine though and the model looks great!

WWII
British - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/World-War-II-c19/British-sc124/Page-3/
BR173   AEC Mk I Gun Carrier, 'Deacon'   £3.00
BR174   Leyland Retriever truck, open bed   £2.60
BR175   Leyland Retriever truck, with tilt   £3.00

Italian - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/World-War-II-c19/Italian-sc126/
ITA24   Fiat 508CM staff car   £2.60

Modern Vehicles - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/Post-War-Modern-c20/Modern-Vehicles-sc303/
MDV23   Lynx reconnaissance vehicle   £2.60
MDV24   FV214 Conqueror   £4.50

And the pics:

BR173 - AEC Mk I Gun Carrier, 'Deacon'

BR174 - Leyland Retriever truck, open bed

BR175 - Leyland Retriever truck, with tilt

ITA24 - Fiat 508CM staff car

MDV23 - Lynx reconnaissance vehicle

MDV24 - FV214 Conqueror

We hope you like them, next up will be the 2nd part of our Napoleonic British!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

Well....I like those......Especially the Conqueror !  8)
Cheers - Phil

Leon

Quote from: Techno on 28 August 2015, 04:47:40 AM
Well....I like those......Especially the Conqueror !  8)

What are you doing up at this time of the morning...!  :o
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

I woke up.....and couldn't remember shutting the chickens away last night.....So I've been outside to check.
I had shut them away !.....Hey Ho !  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Why are you still at work ?  :P ;)

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

It's my day to dig at Phil...senior moment sir ?

Conqueror looks suitably menacing.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fsn

There's lovely.

I may have to order some of those rather speedily.

Conqueror and Centurion - They sort of go together like Yin and Yang, Heads and Tails, Scottish football and disappointment, Techno and injury.

Love the little Fiat ... and the Leyland Retriever ... one can never have too many softskins.

I don't do North Africa, but the Deacon looks absolutely marvellous.

The Lynx??? Um ... er ... M113 family? Excuse me as I go back to my books ...

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Quote from: ianrs54 on 28 August 2015, 07:42:48 AM
..senior moment sir ?

More like doing things on complete auto pilot, Ian....Not sure if that counts ?  ;)
Cheers - Phil

Orcs

OOHH! more stuff to paint, I will now live to 184

Love the Leyland Truck - Have to have some of those.

THe Deacon is technically later than I go in North Africa - I go up to and including El-Alamein, but I just might have to get a couple.  I have space in my Northafica British Storage box - what more excuse do I need?
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Orcs

Quote from: Techno on 28 August 2015, 05:03:49 AM
I woke up.....and couldn't remember shutting the chickens away last night.....So I've been outside to check.
I had shut them away !.....Hey Ho !  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Why are you still at work ?  :P ;)

Cheers - Phil

If you left the chickens out last night, what was the point in going out at dawn to check - surely they get up then ?
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno

It was earlier than dawn, Mark !!

Just wanted to make sure that...
a)....Mr Fox couldn't get at them.....and
b).....I hadn't left the live traps where the chickens could stick their necks into the gap and get their necks broken.  X_X

(Mind you..The sooner this lot have all pegged it....The sooner I can have eggs that cost less than £14 a pop.......Two bags of corn for one sodding egg over the last couple of weeks !!  >:()

Cheers - Phil

Quote from: fsn on 28 August 2015, 08:16:58 AM

The Lynx??? Um ... er ... M113 family? Excuse me as I go back to my books ...

Lynx - Dutch and Canadian recce vehicle - later dutch ones had a remote turret aka Marder APC, also known as M1131/2 and M113 C&R.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

toxicpixie

I loves our little chicken friends, but I feel the wallet-pain. We're down to our last two girls only one of which is laying (the other hit the henopause a couple of months ago). The last one to shuffle off her mortal coil cost me a fortune in vets bills. I think I'd have had to charge about fifty quid an egg for it not to have crippled my overdraft...

Still, my toddler loves them and always goes out to say "HELLO CHIIIIICKEEEEENS!" and check for eggs each day :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

O Dinas Powys

Great stuff  :-bd

Particularly like the Deacon  :D

Will you have them on the stand at Colours? Just wondering how they might scale to the Fantasy Desert Rats?! :-\  8-}

Cheers!

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )