Updated Top 10 Requests!

Started by Leon, 27 August 2015, 03:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

27 August 2015, 03:57:56 AM Last Edit: 27 August 2015, 05:42:16 PM by Leon
We're over halfway through 2015 and with the improved release schedule so far this year, it's about time we updated the Top 10 Requests!

Top 10 Ranges:

1.   Indian Mutiny
2.   Yom Kippur
3.   Modern Infantry
4.   War of 1812
5.   Aztecs
6.   1860 Italian revamp
7.   Korean War
8.   1920's/1930's Gangsters
9.   Boxer Rebellion
10. Naps in India - NEW ENTRY!

We've not made much progress on the top ranges so far this year with our designers focussed on other things, so there's only a couple of minor changes to this list.  The Gangsters have dropped down several places as the ranges around them have picked up more interest.  Down the bottom, the Fantasy Bears have dropped out of the Top 10 and the Naps in India requests have jumped back up and into the chart.  Once we've got the next few Naps ranges sculpted, along with some more WWI additions, we might try and get the Indian Mutiny lot sorted out, as they've been holding that top spot for quite some time now!

And, Top 10 Items:

1.   Werewolves
2.   WWII Italian Artillery
3.   1870's Marching Band
4.   AWI Wagons/Carts
5.   SYW Ottoman's
6.   Modern Police - NEW ENTRY!
7.   WWII Russian 37mm AA
8.   T-35
9.   Armoured Mongols - NEW ENTRY!
10. Vietnam Radio Op's

As above, there's not a lot of changes to this list but we do have a couple of new entries in the form of Modern Police and the Armoured Mongols!  Work on these items has also been slow, but there is some good news to come.  The Werewolves will be appearing as part of the Warband extension hopefully, and we'll have see what we can do about getting the AWI carts and wagons done too.  Elsewhere, we're slowly making progress on the Italian artillery, with the Brixia 45mm now available in the SCW range and some new WWII Italian crew sitting in Pendraken HQ.

For anyone wanting to compare this list to the previous one, it can be found here: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,11244.0.html

We'll keep tracking the votes and we'll do our best to make some more progress on these over the coming 6 months or so!

:D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

You have been busy this morning ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Please DELETE no 5 immediately, and STOP SWEARING  :d :d

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

What's wrong with SYW Ottomans?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Ian just has this nervous condition.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

fsn

Quote from: mad lemmey on 27 August 2015, 08:08:05 AM
What's wrong with SYW Ottomans?

Frightfully uncomfortable your Ottoman. Especially if not properly stuffed.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

27 August 2015, 08:20:12 AM #6 Last Edit: 27 August 2015, 09:00:26 AM by fsn
I've just looked at the top 10 ranges, and there's only two that I wouldn't HAVE to buy.

:'( I'm never going to have any money :'(

Oooh! T35! Pretty!
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

SYW Ottomoans would be lovely to have. Sad to see no sign of WWII Polish though in the list :(.

Techno

We ought to make another list from those above......

Which ones are most worth the designers' time, and Leon's money to produce.   ;)
I know which one I'd put at the bottom from list one.  :D  :P

Cheers - Phil

THe A word. I suspect a certain Kitty has several ID's and is packing the list....... :'( :'( :'(

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Orcs

Quote from: Techno on 27 August 2015, 11:01:17 AM
We ought to make another list from those above......

Which ones are most worth the designers' time, and Leon's money to produce.   ;)
I know which one I'd put at the bottom from list one.  :D  :P

Cheers - Phil

Quite right.

As I have said before I wonder how much the order of developement would change if it were based on people pre- ordering and paying for the ones they want.

Like the Mongols but pay with the pledge.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Orcs

Are  Gangsters actually a viable range?

Surely people would only buy one or two of each figure to make up thier Gang. 

Each gang would only be perhaps 20 figues with at least a couple of personality figures.  Even if each person interested in the range bought 5 gangs of 20 figures thats an awful lot of masters  ( and expense) to sell less than an army pack to interested parties. 

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Orcs

Quote from: fsn on 27 August 2015, 08:20:12 AM
I've just looked at the top 10 ranges, and there's only two that I wouldn't HAVE to buy.

:'( I'm never going to have any money :'(

Oooh! T35! Pretty!

Look FSN if you cut your sessions wit Miss Whiplash down to 2 a week, and you stopped asking  her to do that "SPECIAL THING"  :o you like you would be able to afford them all  ;D

FierceKitty

Quote from: Just a few Orcs on 27 August 2015, 12:28:52 PM
Are  Gangsters actually a viable range?

Surely people would only buy one or two of each figure to make up thier Gang. 

Each gang would only be perhaps 20 figues with at least a couple of personality figures.  Even if each person interested in the range bought 5 gangs of 20 figures thats an awful lot of masters  ( and expense) to sell less than an army pack to interested parties. 

Have to agree. Good idea, but like Wild West; needs characters, not regiments.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Orcs

27 August 2015, 12:54:28 PM #14 Last Edit: 27 August 2015, 01:15:00 PM by Just a few Orcs
As some of you know I have a bee in my bonnet about the wargames industry being commercially viable, as I want the manufacturers to:-

a : Be viable finacially so they can actually earn a living without working  stupid hours or living on bread and dripping
b: being financially viable means they will still be there when you want to add to a range or change period

While is easy for us to request stuff  and we all want everything for our favourite periods, perhaps we should be mindful before we ask of the commercial viability of that item / range.

Obviously its up to Dave and Leon to work this out, but when a new range comes out you can hear the groans of

" They havent produced a Negro trooper with a wooden leg for the ACW range that I asked for 25 times".  When said person is asked how many of said figure they want they inevitably  say " Oh at least 3 "

Looking at the list of Items Top 10 Items, A couple of points spring to mind:-

This is not my period, but how generic is this amounst the various protagonists / nations of the time?  Again looks like a lot of masters for relatively low volume sales?

In  10mm surely the Bofors it was based on  with a Russian crew would be close enough?

8.   T-35

I accept this was an "iconic" tank of the 1930's and they were actually used. BUT I game ealry war in 10mm and even allowing for my meglomainia and  future expansion into the far east  theatre I will only ever have a platoon .  They only bult 61, so how many are actually going to get bought?

Again like the gangsters this looks more like a skirmish range, with correspondingly low volumes for production cost.

The other items on the list have multiple uses and /or  look like they will sell in reasonable volume

1.   Werewolves
2.   WWII Italian Artillery
4.   AWI Wagons/Carts
5.   SYW Ottoman's
8.   T-35
9.   Armoured Mongols - NEW ENTRY!
10. Vietnam Radio Op's