Updated Top 10 Requests!

Started by Leon, 27 August 2015, 03:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave C

How about napoleonic casualties.  Gap in the market across most miniature ranges.   Good for game mechanic markers and scenic additions to bases and terrain.  Not a sculpter but a little play with the Awi ones would give the required result

Leon

Naps casualties is definitely something we'll be getting to, probably after we've fleshed out the French range a bit.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Orcs

Quote from: Chad on 30 August 2015, 08:20:44 AM
Personally I have never seen a wargame that included a marching band

One of the guys at the club has one for each of his ACW armies in 15mm
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Orcs

Quote from: Bill Braham on 28 August 2015, 01:28:21 AM

Gobsmacked to see a T35 on the list - does anyone apart from China have enough metal to be able to cast one up? I shudder to think what the postage cost would be! Would it work in resin with metal turrets?

Somebody does - I picked up a white metal T35 in 20mm off ebay a week or so ago. Weighs a ton

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fsn

Quote from: Bill Braham on 28 August 2015, 01:28:21 AM
Gobsmacked to see a T35 on the list - does anyone apart from China have enough metal to be able to cast one up? I shudder to think what the postage cost would be! Would it work in resin with metal turrets?
Overall, a T35 probably isn't that much bigger than say, a Centurion. It was a big tank (9.7m x 3.2m x 3.4m)  as compared to a Cent at  7.6m x 3.4m x 3.0m, but possibly because of the big turret, the Cent feels bigger.

Anyway. Someone else does the T35 - FSN  :(
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Dave C

Leon good to hear about naps casualties and the other intended additions.  The whole financially viable issue must be a real conundrum/gamble for you guys.   don't envy the decision making process at all (do like seeing the results though)

Leon

Quote from: Dave C on 10 November 2015, 10:23:50 PM
The whole financially viable issue must be a real conundrum/gamble for you guys.   don't envy the decision making process at all (do like seeing the results though)

It can be interesting at times, but the bigger sellers usually prop up anything that's not as popular.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Rob

I'd be interested to know whether the casualty figures are commercially successful or not.

To me 10mm means more troops per base and still cheaper than 15mm. But I don't want to remove bases as casualties. I also don't want chits, dice or bits of paper to record losses and unit status. Therefore casualty figures become essential.

As a matter of interest I have in the past purchased one or two items from Redline. They are not as good as Pendraken but the proprietor sends some nice casualties figures as extras in each order. Every time I try to contact them to order some separately there is no reply, I think they are as a company wobbling.

:) Rob

Orcs

Quote from: Rob on 12 November 2015, 01:39:12 PM
As a matter of interest I have in the past purchased one or two items from Redline. They are not as good as Pendraken but the proprietor sends some nice casualties figures as extras in each order. Every time I try to contact them to order some separately there is no reply, I think they are as a company wobbling.

:) Rob

They also produce the basics of  a very nice ww2 Polish Range. I ordered some to mix in with those I have and they are very nice.

Leon

Quote from: Rob on 12 November 2015, 01:39:12 PM
I'd be interested to know whether the casualty figures are commercially successful or not.

Casualties are usually OK, being just a single sculpt and a mould, so if we can shift 30-40 packs of them then we've probably covered basic costs.

Dazza

Waiting on ..............................

XX. Panther (new model)
XX. Tiger (new model)

4.   AWI Wagons/Carts

10. Vietnam Radio Op's

Hopefully wont have to wait a year :)

Dazza
Dazza's 10mm Miniature Armies : http://www.ukstrike.co.uk
" AWI, Colonial, WW2 & Vietnam"

AWI Photos : https://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,560.0.html

Never argue with an idiot; He'll drag you down to his level and beat you by experience.

mike40k

So any update on the Indian Mutiny project since August? Is it still feasible as a 3 month project, and maybe do-able this year?

Ithoriel

Quote from: Dazza on 16 November 2015, 08:48:50 PM
Waiting on ..............................

XX. Panther (new model)
XX. Tiger (new model)
<snippety snip>

Tiger is definitely done. I got one just before Christmas. Ordered a Tiger, asked for the new model if available as I wanted something distinctive to act as "mothership" for one of my Goliaths.

Now, of course, I want to upgrade my existing Tigers to the new model too. Damn you Pendraken and your clever marketing! ;)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Dazza

I hope the Panthers barrel is better than the last one, most of my Panthers have broken barrels

Dazza
Dazza's 10mm Miniature Armies : http://www.ukstrike.co.uk
" AWI, Colonial, WW2 & Vietnam"

AWI Photos : https://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,560.0.html

Never argue with an idiot; He'll drag you down to his level and beat you by experience.

Ithoriel

Quote from: Dazza on 31 January 2016, 01:07:03 PM
I hope the Panthers barrel is better than the last one, most of my Panthers have broken barrels

The Tiger is, by design, chunkier than it's predecessor so the barrel is correspondingly more robust.

I assume the Panther will be the same.

That said my Panther's barrels have been fine - possibly because they don't survive long enough on table to receive much handling!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data