Muslim / islamic banners

Started by jchaos79, 15 July 2010, 05:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jchaos79

How about some banners/transfers/flags to use with arab / turk or islamic armies?

The use to be sooo complicated to paint and have a nice effect. Any interest? (Nevertheless I need the for my builiding army)

Sandinista

Try making your own on paint like these

Leon

Some cool looking flags there.  We'll be adding to the Flags as soon as I get chance, it's something I've got on my To-Do list.  If anyone has any they've done themselves that they would like to contribute, feel free!

8)   :D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

jchaos79

Quote from: Sandinista on 15 July 2010, 05:23:51 PM
Try making your own on paint like these

Thank you Sandinista, I am quite lack of ideas for banners and when I try to search... I found some very difficult to paint myself. I will try your banner!

Blaker

Very Cool Flags!!

Now if only we had some Ottoman dressed Rats to go fight against the League of Ratsberg minis . . . .hmmmm   ;D

cya

lentulus

FierceKitty

There is quite a difference between Ottoman Turks and Ummyad Arabs, however. There is plenty of info on different Muslim/Islamic (btw, what's the difference?) flags, so you don't have to compromise on this one. Check out the MAA books on early Arab armies if you're interested in the early stuff, and bear in mind that the crescent moon wasn't an Islamic symbl in those days.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Nosher

Quote from: lentulus on 16 July 2010, 02:15:22 AM
Here's some more from warflag.com

http://www.warflag.com/flags/colonial/dervish.shtml

I use warflag all the time - cant see the point in paying for something I dont have to when there's piles of lead I still want to 'invest' in.
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

DanJ

I use Little Big Men Studios 15mm Islamic banners for my 10mm armies and am very pleased with the result.

However I don't know enough to diferentiate between the various army banner styles.

BucketKnight

Those Little Big Man banners look very nice. But aren't those more suited to an eastern Arab force than to an Ottoman army?
From what I figured out so far the Ottomans used a bit simpler flags, mostly with crescent moon and/or star designs.

FierceKitty

27 April 2016, 11:34:28 AM #10 Last Edit: 27 April 2016, 11:36:12 AM by FierceKitty
A few to go on with....

http://www.warfare.altervista.org/Renaissance/11_Turks.htm

I like the Turks rather more since they won a five-player eastern Europe campaign for me a while ago (well, it was a draw really; Turks and Swedes won).
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.