How do you search through your old posts speedily ?

Started by Techno, 25 August 2015, 07:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Just spent what seemed like a LONG time trying to find a link to the farm animals. (Wot I dun.)

Having found the photo in 'my pictures' folder...That gave me the date I took said picture.
Right then....All I have to do is find my posts around/after that date.....and 'job done'.

Admittedly, I should have started at the other end of my posts...which would have been OODLES quicker !
Going back two pages at a time...and watching the date of the top post per page got me there, eventually. X_X

But can you literally only 'move' a couple of pages at a time ?.....Or can you skip to individual pages ?
I could have narrowed down my search 'lots quicker'.

Any ideas, gang ?

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

At the bottom of your search are numbers, click on them...
That's the best I can offer unless you can remember any words that went with your post and put those in as a search...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

That's basically what I was doing, Will....Though I was using the page numbers at the top of the page, which only allow you to skip a couple of pages at a time.
I wanted to try and flick back dozens.
I tried the search facility too, but there were too many other posts with the relevant words in them.

If only I could have remembered the title I'd given the topic !....... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D (Fat chance)

Cheers - Phil

GrumpyOldMan

Hello Techno

If you have a look at the address for lists of your post you see this on the second page:-

http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php?action=profile;u=901;sa=showPosts;start=15

Each page lists 15 posts - so to get where you want to go, eg for 10 pages further you'd just alter the 15 to 150 and press the enter key. If you wanted to go to the 31st page you'd alter it to 450

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Techno

AHA !!!  :)

Many thanks, Grumps ! :-bd
I'll have a go a that later.
(I'll probably have to remember the word 'speedily' for the topic now.....So I can find this at a later date.....When I need to use it again..... X_X  ;D ;D ;D)
Much appreciated !

Cheers - Phil

Techno

27 August 2015, 03:20:32 PM #5 Last Edit: 02 September 2015, 09:26:07 PM by Techno
No-one is EVER to use the word 'speedily' on the forum from now on ! (On pain of a poke in the eye.)  ;)
Cheers - Phil

Arglebarglefloop

(That's my new word to help find this thread.....So you can all use 'speedily' as much as you want now.... :P.....I like being able to modify my posts without a time limit.)

Hmmmm....That hasn't seemed to have worked. :(

paulr

Quote from: Techno on 27 August 2015, 03:20:32 PM
No-one is EVER to use the word 'speedily' on the forum from now on ! (On pain of a poke in the eye.)  ;)
Cheers - Phil

A number of other posts now make some sort of sense ;) ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....

IanRS54
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

paulr

Quote from: ianrs54 on 28 August 2015, 07:40:00 AM
Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....Speedily, Speedily, Speedily....

IanRS54

You do realise that was helpful, it means this thread should be higher up the search list ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

It certainly is !

Though Steve's topic comes out at the top.  ;)
Cheers - Phil