2mm Dark Ages / Dux Bellorum

Started by O Dinas Powys, 19 August 2015, 02:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithoriel

Butterfly ... moi!?

Now wondering about O8 mini's, Brigade fortfications and buildings and NW Europe ....

'40 or '44?

Decisions, decisions! :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Fenton

Quote from: Ithoriel on 04 January 2016, 08:35:11 PM
Butterfly ... moi!?

Now wondering about O8 mini's, Brigade fortfications and buildings and NW Europe ....

'40 or '44?

Decisions, decisions! :)

Those I can recommend most highly. The French tanks are lovely
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Leman

Sub, I think the 2mm crenelated walls from Irregular look rather good. I imagine making 2mm city walls might be too fiddly. Anyway I think I'll get a couple of mid-C19th armies and have a crack at Langensalza as it's the only historical scenario from the period featuring the Hanoverians. At the moment though it's 10mm SYW and Italian Wars.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Subedai

Quote from: Leman on 05 January 2016, 11:34:42 AM
Sub, I think the 2mm crenelated walls from Irregular look rather good. I imagine making 2mm city walls might be too fiddly. Anyway I think I'll get a couple of mid-C19th armies and have a crack at Langensalza as it's the only historical scenario from the period featuring the Hanoverians. At the moment though it's 10mm SYW and Italian Wars.

Just had a look at Irregular's 2mm castle/city walls and they do look quite imposing and reasonably priced to boot. Could be a goer. There I go again, another potential project, FFS!

Will people kindly stop showing pictures of nicely painted figures! :)
I know they are nice to look and may be a cause of figure envy but I for one am losing the will to concentrate on anything for longer than it takes to look at the next figure(s)!
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Leman

Oh well, I've sent off for a 2mm Prussian army for Langensalza. I really want to try out this concept of a battle as a moving 3D map, especially as I now have quite a few Brigade models buildings.

Subedai

Quote from: Leman on 06 January 2016, 08:29:15 AM
Oh well, I've sent off for a 2mm Prussian army for Langensalza. I really want to try out this concept of a battle as a moving 3D map, especially as I now have quite a few Brigade models buildings.

You should get them painted soon so don't forget to post the pictures by the end of next week. :)
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Leman