This is not a good model kit

Started by Sunray, 25 August 2010, 02:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

The Vietnam Patrol boat....VV4 ...its not just a good model...its OUTSTANDING !!

Its cleanly cast in resin, with details in metal, but the fact that the cabin roof is detachable and NOT cast in resin - as many larger scale models are - reveals the quality control and value for money that is Pendraken.

The hours I have spend working in 15mm, sawing off resin cabins and scratch building out of paperclips and tinfoil are ...too many.

Lovely model Leon,  I will enjoy painting it.   

Megamatman

:) Glad you like it! and thanks for the feedback, Leon and Dave will be v pleased to hear this.

Matt
Megamatman

Leon

Cheers Sunray!  I actually keep pestering Dave about this one, as we should take more of them to the shows.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Doug

The Vietnam PBR has my vote to. Plus it has the potenting for conversion to other craft (WW2) of similar design eg a lanuch for my WW2 British Commando's. Also the twing 50cal mg turret looks good on the LST so no parts are wasted.

alnewhaven

First post but have to agree , just finished mine a week back, may have to indulge in another  :)
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death I Shall Fear No Evil For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."
-(Sign over the entrance to the SR-71 operating location Kadena, Japan).

Last Hussar

Great - something else I'm going to have to buy.  Why do you hate my bank manager so?
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry