1/144th Tatra Draisine

Started by Steve J, 12 August 2015, 09:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

After a long gestation, my scratch built 1/144th Tatra Draisine is finally finished. A few details can be found on my Blog:

http://wwiiwargaming.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/1144th-tatra-t18-armoured-draisine.html

Subedai

That is really good. What did you use as the raw material, Is it carved or what?
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Rather splendid !  :-bd

Yes...I too, would like to know how you've made this.....Carved, or separate pieces of plasticard put together ? :-\
Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Looks solid in the picture.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

I would agree, Ian.....But you never know.  ;)
Cheers - Phil

Steve J

Glad you liked it chaps. It was made in the following way:

Body is sanded and carved from Ureol, which is a modelling board that we use. In essence it is a very, very dense foam, but you wouldn't believe it if you work with it. The door and vision slits are carved in with an eye surgery blade and scalpel. The headlights are styrene rod fitted into pre-drilled holes. The wheels are from styrene rod.

The turret is turned from ABS rod with 1.0mm brass tube for the barrels.

The finished model is then sprayed with cellulose primer to give it a coherent finish and colour so that you can check the shape and surfaces are correct.

In terms of time taken, the actual making (uninterrupted) would be less than a day.

Hope this explains things well enough?

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Steve J on 13 August 2015, 10:38:44 AM
Glad you liked it chaps. It was made in the following way:

Body is sanded and carved from Ureol, which is a modelling board that we use. In essence it is a very, very dense foam, but you wouldn't believe it if you work with it. The door and vision slits are carved in with an eye surgery blade and scalpel. The headlights are styrene rod fitted into pre-drilled holes. The wheels are from styrene rod.

The turret is turned from ABS rod with 1.0mm brass tube for the barrels.

The finished model is then sprayed with cellulose primer to give it a coherent finish and colour so that you can check the shape and surfaces are correct.

In terms of time taken, the actual making (uninterrupted) would be less than a day.

Hope this explains things well enough?

Yeah, that's basically what I thought! ;) ;D

Very cool little model  :-bd
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!