15mm Rebel Minis Special Forces and SWAT

Started by bigjackmac, 10 August 2015, 03:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjackmac

All,

I'm going to run a series of posts highlighting my new 15mm skirmish forces.  There will be some commentary, but mostly I'm doing it just to catalog what I have, and show it for other gamers.  Lord knows, whenever I'm pondering a new period/genre/scale, I spend countless hours scouring the internet for every picture I can find.  So these posts are mostly here for all the kindred spirits out there who need to see lots of photos before they make the leap ;)

These are Rebel Minis, mostly modern US Special Forces, with some modern SWAT mixed in.  I've painted them up as Delta shooters circa 1993 in desert tri-colors for Somalia.

A sample pic.  There are fourteen troops in the team, lots of different poses, got pics of all of them, front and back.

To see the whole thing, please check the blog at:
http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2015/08/forces-for-modern-middle-east-part-1.html

More to come, including some Cuba Libre batreps from this weekend; I got three games in, just need to write them up.

V/R,
Jack

Techno

Nice work, Jack.

I notice in the text that you say you've used dark green for the helmets etc to give a bit of a contrast.
Is it just me, or do they look blue to everyone else ?
(Fluorescent  light causing a colour shift ?)
Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I'm with you there Techno.
Otherwise great job Jack. 8)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

bigjackmac

Blue???

Well, maybe.  I see green, but maybe my brain is just tricked because I know it's green?

That sucks that it looks blue to you guys, though...

If you're on my blog, click on a photo, it should get huge.  Does it still look blue?
V/R,
Jack

Techno

In the top photo, on the desk top, the helmets and packs definitely look like they're an olive green. (To me , anyway)

In all the other pics, the 'bits' appear to be a blue/turquoise colour.
Mind you...we're all supposed to see colours slightly differently.  :)

Mrs Techno and I often argue about any sort of 'turquoise' colour......Whether it 'shifts' towards green or blue.
She'll see one thing...I'll see another. ;)

Cheers - Phil

GrumpyOldMan

Hello BJM and Techno

Quote from: Techno on 10 August 2015, 07:03:07 AM

Is it just me, or do they look blue to everyone else ?

Some of the most beautiful words in the English language  - 'No, it's not just you.' Always a relief for me to hear that sentence  :D

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Ithoriel

Quote from: Techno on 11 August 2015, 06:09:27 AM
Mrs Techno and I often argue about any sort of 'turquoise' colour......Whether it 'shifts' towards green or blue.
She'll see one thing...I'll see another. ;)

Some women have four "colour detectors" in their eyes, most women and all men have only three so it's possible that you really do see the world differently!

Because the genes for colour detection are carried in the X chromosome and women have two while men only one of those women's colour detection tends to be slightly better and they are less prone to colour blindness.

Men and women, equal ... but not identical!

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

barbarian

2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

bigjackmac

'No, it's not just you.'
Phew!  That means I'm not the weirdo, Phil is!  ;D ;D

'It is green.'
Amen!

I did try to get them in natural light, without the flash, but sometimes they still come out flaky (I'm not much of a photographer to begin with, and using my phone doesn't help any), and, as mentioned above, plenty of folks see differently anyway.

Thanks guys.

V/R,
Jack

Techno

Mrs Techno says they're blue !  :P  ;D ;D ;D
So there !  ;D ;D ;D ;D

(The other possible explanation is that my monitor's not showing an accurate colour rendition.)

Cheers - Phil  :)

bigjackmac

"Mrs Techno says they're blue !"

Well, it's settled then.  ;)

V/R,
Jack

Techno

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

bigjackmac

But I'm not re-painting them!  :P

V/R,
Jack

mollinary

As blue as a very blue thing with a special reason to be blue!    ;)  ;D

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!