2 of 3 in an army expansion.  Zvezda hard plastic figures:

Thanks for taking a peek  :)
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Techno

Look damn fine !  8)
Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

petercooman

Are those the models from the art of tactics game?

Leman

Didn't realise you could now get that kind of stuff in hard plastic.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Subedai

They look rather splendid.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

SV52

Thanks for the replies chaps.

Yes petercooman that's what they are and they are more or less a perfect match to the Zvezda soft plastic ones.

Leman, there's a good variety of them too.  More expensive than the soft ones but ideal for filling in like what I'm doing.  Dunno how long they will last as Zvezda seem to be making plans again. They've more or less finished with the big box 1/72 and will be killing off their Hot War moderns soon, I suspect they intend moving more into the board game scene and pushing mass market non-wargame themes.

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

kodiakblair

I just unearthed a box of 8016 Samurai army and a Samurai cavalry box.
Absolutely no use to me as I've had them for years,£3.50 was the price tag. If you can make use of them sv52 drop me a line and I'll post them up to you,still on the sprues but I'll bin the boxes to save costs.

SV52

Quote from: kodiakblair on 05 August 2015, 09:06:26 PM
I just unearthed a box of 8016 Samurai army and a Samurai cavalry box.
Absolutely no use to me as I've had them for years,£3.50 was the price tag. If you can make use of them sv52 drop me a line and I'll post them up to you,still on the sprues but I'll bin the boxes to save costs.

That's a kind and generous offer and ordinarily I'd take you up on it; but with another Ashigaru group still to paint, I'm kinda Samurai'd out :( 

Maybe you'll start a trend among plastics fans :-\  You know how annoying it is when a set has only four poses of the six you need >:(  Well maybe those bereft could make an appeal through the forum?  I know it doesn't help Pendraken figure sales but perhaps on the material side?

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Womble67

very nice indeed

take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

kodiakblair

Well SV52 as we say here " they're no eatin a piece " so if you change your mind they're yours.

There'll be other stuff in the same vein Strelets Saxons and Vikings,Scots etc that will never be painted. I have bother with Carpal Tunnel and
holding a paintbrush sets it off.One of the reason I switched to 2mm and 6mm is the reduced painting time.

I'll have a word with the Mods and see what they say,I've no wish to try and sell them so if they can fill gaps in folks armies I'm happy to donate.

SV52

2mm and 6mm? You must have eyes like a hawk with a telescope!  Mind you, that could be the answer for me too as I've got a few projects which have been on the go for 30 years.  I'm beginning to see a mass of little faces staring up at me appealingly wanting some paint. :-S

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!