Claymore 2015

Started by Ithoriel, 31 July 2015, 10:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westmarcher

02 August 2015, 08:03:05 PM #30 Last Edit: 02 August 2015, 08:27:22 PM by Westmarcher
 ;D  ..... and a yellow checked scarf (and looked like a bear)?

Although there was a guy at the 54mm game (I think?) who was dressed rather eccentrically ..... but I don't think it was a Dave. Can't recall exactly, but I think Dave was wearing something dark .......  :-S

By the way, what annoyed me was that I wandered around with a Westmarcher name tag .... and no-one from the Forum said hello.  

OK. I made that last one up .... but I did think about it ..... but couldn't find any sticky labels (they were in the drawer when I looked ..... years ago). But, heh! Why don't we all do that when visiting future shows? Instead of wearing dragon T-Shirts, ladies clothing or Dr. Who scarves, etc. - although maybe that could be more fun?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Leon

Quote from: Westmarcher on 02 August 2015, 08:03:05 PM
OK. I made that last one up .... but I did think about it ..... but couldn't find any sticky labels (they were in the drawer when I looked ..... years ago). But, heh! Why don't we all do that when visiting future shows? Instead of wearing dragon T-Shirts, ladies clothing or Dr. Who scarves, etc. - although maybe that could be more fun?

:-\  I'll have a think and see what we can come up with...

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

I want a sweat shirt with "I've been struck by lightning 14 times....If you see my hair starting to rise......Run for it ! " printed on it.

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Techno on 02 August 2015, 08:29:47 PM
I want a sweat shirt with "I've been struck by lightning 14 times....If you see my hair starting to rise......Run for it ! " printed on it.

Cheers - Phil

There is a problem with this - hair - what hair ?

IanS  ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leman

Well I posted that I would be at Phalanx on the LWA stand wearing a Lance and Longbow polo shirt, but it had little effect.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Subedai

I remember hair...at least I think I do.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Leman

Quote from: ianrs54 on 03 August 2015, 07:09:51 AM
There is a problem with this - hair - what hair ?

IanS  ;)
So that's why you went for Bruce Willis.

Westmarcher

Quote from: Techno on 02 August 2015, 08:29:47 PM

... so the stitch marks around your neck and across your forehead aren't actually tattoos?   :o

Give my regards to Dr Frankenstein!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Scolty

Quote from: Leman on 02 August 2015, 02:14:07 PM
Cheers Scolty, see you again next year? (my autocorrect seems determined to call you Scotty - it's beyond the laws of physics!)

"Scotty, take the lift down to the engine room." 

"Aaww, but Captain, it's awfy heavy."

Not sure which episode - perhaps a trekkie can oblige?

Back to Scottish shows - shame about Forfar - next show will be Kirriemuir which seems to be going from strength to strength.

Scolty

fsn

Quote from: Leman on 03 August 2015, 08:09:57 AM
Well I posted that I would be at Phalanx on the LWA stand wearing a Lance and Longbow polo shirt, but it had little effect.
No, it was very useful. We knew where to avoid.  :P
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Is Scolty an amalgam of Scotty and Kelpie?

Tawa

Quote from: Leon on 02 August 2015, 06:16:53 PM
I think he was SK on one or two occasions, but we went to ECWS as a family quite a lot when I was younger.

Still none the wiser who I spoke to then.....  ;D
Well that went down like a lead baboon......

O.P.E (Oik of the Pendraken Empire) - 2015 Honours List.