Dragon Men for Warband using Barbarian's Evil Men

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 29 July 2015, 11:34:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Bored this morning,
So I decided to start assembling my 'other' Dragon men army, using Barbarian's lovely Evil Men project.
The Medieval fantasy types I painted last year wil become my 'Blue and White' faction, while the Evil Men will be a more corrupt Dragonmen race (and when Techno finishes his version, I'm sure a third state will arise)!
Assembled so far:
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Bodvoc

'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

barbarian

I want to see paint on these.
On a side note, I'd have fit them squared on the bases. (I mean in organised units)
But that is a matter of tastes I guess.
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

I really like the massed look of these bases give 8).

Duke Speedy of Leighton

The 'blue and whites' are very linear in their formations, I wanted these to be more 'chaotic ' without being truely 'chaotic'!
It's difficult to be Chaotic without the taint of GW colour schemes (thinking green and black and grey fur with gunmetal steel), but too Nur**e!
I may paint the amazing dragon Yann sculpted first and then base the army on its colours... But something black, slimy and oozing is coming to mind at the moment. 
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

A heavy, a lighter foot (in wedge) and a unit of knights assembled this morning.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Last bits assembled, just need to put some filler on the dragon. Left to right: dragon with rider, chariots, mages with baggage, general.

Techno

Get the Milliput out then, Will.  ;)
Cheers - Phil

barbarian

Some (many) of the dragons had a collapsed part in the mould, I corrected the best I could (All by hand)
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Finally making some progress on the first half-dozen stands. They've been in the house in the main'to-do' heap since December!  :P
Just the other two-dozen stands to start now... And I have released I'm still one stand short of a minimum, legal army at the moment!!!!  ~X(