Prussian Uhlan

Started by Rob, 20 July 2016, 06:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Would it be possible to have a second rank Prussian Uhlan armed with sabre and carbine?

The Austrian version looks fantastic and attracts very favourable attention when the unit is on-table.

Cheers, Rob  :)

NTM

You could use a Dragoon.

Rob

Quote from: NTM on 22 July 2016, 06:56:25 AM
You could use a Dragoon.
Good one NTM. Thanks very much  :) :)

A close look at the photos seems to confirm that both dragoons and uhlan are wearing shako, litewka and have the same horse furniture so indeed the dragoon should pass as a second rank Prussian uhlan.

Can you confirm the uniform and horse furniture details please Leon?

Thanks, Rob  :) :)

Leon

Quote from: Rob on 22 July 2016, 11:54:05 AM
A close look at the photos seems to confirm that both dragoons and uhlan are wearing shako, litewka and have the same horse furniture so indeed the dragoon should pass as a second rank Prussian uhlan.

Can you confirm the uniform and horse furniture details please Leon?

That looks like it should work to me, the details you've mentioned are the same, they've both got rounded saddle cloths and cartridge pouch on their backs.  Only slight differences I can see are that the dragoon blanket rolls are squared off rather than circular, and the dragoon troopers have got a secondary pouch/box on the horse's rear left flank.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Rob

Quote from: Leon on 22 July 2016, 02:40:39 PM
That looks like it should work to me, the details you've mentioned are the same, they've both got rounded saddle cloths and cartridge pouch on their backs.  Only slight differences I can see are that the dragoon blanket rolls are squared off rather than circular, and the dragoon troopers have got a secondary pouch/box on the horse's rear left flank.
Thanks for the response Leon.  :)
I combined Carabiniers a cheval as the grenadier company in my dragoon regiments and the different square/round saddle rolls is not noticable so that shouldnt be a problem.  :)

Cheers, Rob  :)