Need Suggestion for Age of Sails Naval Gaming Rules

Started by anchorite, 16 July 2015, 09:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anchorite

Greetings,

In our gaming club we are considering playing Age of Sails era naval wargaming. After we spoke a bit,  we thought 1:1200 ships from Langton Miniatures are looking really nice. Also after a while searching for rules, Warhammer Historical Trafalgar ruleset looked like a decent set for starters.

As you guess we are almost clueless. Any suggestion would be more then welcome.  :)

Thank you!

toxicpixie

I've just got Ospreys "Fighting Sail" - not played yet but looks simple, fast and good fun, with about the right level of abstraction for the player being a commodore/admiral...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

There's a fair few on freewargamesrules, and no none are mine yet. I'm looking for something to cover the Anglo Dutch wars....

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

GordonY

Shame you didnt mention it a week ago, just fleabayed Trafalgar rules for £12, no doubt they'll be back on ebay soon as a Buy it Now for £50.  :o

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

rim66

I'd suggest TooFatLardies' "Kiss me Hardy".

Richard

KTravlos

I second Kiss me hardy. Go to my blog leadhead phd and I have ome battle reports