Where are the orcs???

Started by madpax, 15 July 2015, 07:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madpax

The goblins and orcs army list seems to be lacking the ... orcs!
OK, fierce warriors can simulate orcs, albeit a lower variant of them. But then, no black orcs and no boar riders (if they exist in your universe).
In fact, when looking at the unit description, I see no unit as fielding orcs.

Marc

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Think they are classed as the same creature in the rules. You can count boat riders as wolf riders, give the Warriors fierce and/or shieldwall.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

madpax

Except that the orcs exist in the fantasy range, including the boar riders. And there are crosbowmen riding boars, or boar chariots.
Maybe the goblin and orc list should be a goblin only army list and that the orc army list is different and will be created later.

Marc

Luddite

Orc and goblin was an interchangeable term for Tolkien.  Sounds good to me.   :)
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Leman

I thought this was going to be about Orcs and his missus going on holiday.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno

Sean67

Where have they gone Leman
I heard they were going to the Falklands Orc watching. :P
Regards
Sean

Leman

Well that's what I thought this thread was going to tell us. I seem to remember him saying something about holidays a while back.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno

He's been....He's back !  ;)
Cheers - Phil

Leon

The old Orcs won't be coming over to the newer Warband ranges as they never really matched up very well with the newer Fantasy ranges unfortunately.  The same goes for the Ratmen and the regular Dwarves, all of those were more like 15mm figures.  We may look at adding some new Rats, or extra Orc/Goblin figures further down the line, but there's nothing planned at the moment.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!