Pictures of WWI Poles

Started by KTravlos, 08 July 2015, 12:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KTravlos

Does anybody have pictures of the WWI Polish Range? Would you be willing to share?

With Respect
Konstantinos Travlos

Leman

No picture, sorry, but I was fighting with someone else's yesterday so can describe. All the infantry and machine gunners are in French style greatcoat and puttees but are wearing the low style schapka cap. All the cavalrt are lancers in tunic, again wearing the low style schapka. the infantry are in advancing poses with fixed bayonets. The cavalry have their lances upright with pennons.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

paulr

Note to Leman, take your bloody camera when playing  ;) ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

GrumpyOldMan

Hello Ktravlos

Can't find any pictures of the Poles but if as I suspect the Poles are conversions of the original Pendraken WW1 French then the infantry would look like these but with a czapka:-

(Taken from the Benno's Figure Forum).

Can't find any pics of cavalry, French or Polish  :(.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Leman

Quote from: paulr on 08 July 2015, 08:54:49 PM
Note to Leman, take your bloody camera when playing  ;) ;D
Memories and sieves, old boy; memories and sieves. :-<
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

freddy326

here you go, not very clear pics I'm afraid but should give you an idea of what they are like.

if you're thinking about Russian-Polish war then the Pendraken French would work for Hallers and they also do a very nice FT17 and Bristol fighter as well!

KTravlos

Thank you. My goal is to use the cavalry and infantry for a what if Polish army in the later 19th century (1870s-1890s). I wanted to use Retreat to Moscow Poles, but those have no pictures. This guys look like they will fit the bill.