Upcoming WWII vehicles

Started by Leon, 08 July 2015, 02:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

08 July 2015, 02:58:49 AM Last Edit: 08 July 2015, 03:01:04 AM by Leon
We've had a couple of packages of new vehicles arrive from two of the designers, so I got some quick pics of them before they get re-packaged and sent off for low-temp moulding.  There are 5 new vehicles in this lot, some filling a couple of gaps and some starting new areas for us... so let's have a look!

The Fiat 508CM was the military version of the regular Fiat 508 and was extensively used by the Italian army during the war, with around 6000 being made in total including several hundred for the Wehrmacht.  With it's use in both Europe and Africa, this model is going to prove handy for all manner of WWII games.  We've got this in both top-up and top-down versions:

Next up is something a little different, as we branch out into the Polish!  First we've got the wz.29 armoured car (also known as Ursus), which was built on a 2-ton truck chassis.  Armament was provided by several machine guns, two of them in the sides of the turret (although one was removed in the mid-30's) and one in the rear of the hull, plus a 37mm gun in the front of the turret.  We'll be providing a couple of separate MG's for people to choose whether they want the 3-gun or 2-gun turret.  Only a dozen or so were ever produced, but they made it into WWII and it's also a cool looking bit of kit!

The second of these Polish additions is the wz.34 armoured car, this one smaller and less armed than it's predecessor.  Whilst produced in slightly higher numbers, it hadn't survived much by the outbreak of WWII and was only used in a few recon units.

We're moving onto the French next, with the Laffly S15R, one of the many S15 versions used during the war.  This particular model was the recon and personnel carrier, and we'll likely use this as a base for converting to some of the other versions.

And finally we've got a bit of a hybrid vehicle that originally started life as the Unic P107, a popular halftrack used by the French (and already featured in the Pendraken catalogue).  However, the Germans captured several hundred of them and Alfred Becker (he of 21st Pz Div fame) decided to convert them into a variety of APC's, designated U304(f).  Whilst our model is the basic conversion, it could also be upgraded with the addition of a couple of MG's.

And here they all are lined up to give an idea of size:

And finally, Dave's been slapping some paint on some upcoming releases, so I promised I'd pop up a taster pic...

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

GrumpyOldMan

Hello Leon

Looking great. I keep on coming up with wishlists, and then having to defer them because something else comes up that I want.  :o :o

Maybe you can play Dr Frankenstein and take the tracks from the Unic and add them to the wz.34 to come up with a wz.28  :d :d:-

Actually come to think about it, the Fiat could also come into play as an arm's length Japanese type 95  :D :D:-

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Techno

Look absolutely terrific to me !
(Says someone who avoids straight line work....... Like the plague.)
Cheers - Phil

paulr

Nice models :)

Some very effective paint slapping by Dave ;)  :-bd =D> :-bd
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Great to see some Polish vehicles. Any news on if and when there might be some infantry to accompany them?

Sean67

Awesome news on the u304(F) will be ordering these for my sword beach project when it starts up again.
Regards
Sean

Leman

How long before somebody uses the cars to play a zombie gangsters game?   ;D ;D ;D (And some won't even see that as peculiar.)
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Rob

09 July 2015, 10:25:54 AM #7 Last Edit: 09 July 2015, 10:37:32 AM by Rob
Although [pedant mode] the Conq is not a WWII vehicle [/pedant mode] it looks fantastic. I need to to have some.

Dave

Quote from: Rob on 09 July 2015, 10:25:54 AM
Although [pedant mode] the Conq is not a WWII vehicle [/pedant mode] it looks fantastic. I need to to have some.
Neither are the Sherman M50 and M51 ;)

Dave

Dave

Quote from: Steve J on 08 July 2015, 08:44:40 AM
Great to see some Polish vehicles. Any news on if and when there might be some infantry to accompany them?

Finishing the French this month, will start planning the infantry, still lots of vehicles, fg, aa and at todo, as well as aircraft.

Dave

barbarian

I'd like my T-34 turrets...  :'( :'( :'( :'(
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Quotewill start planning the infantry, still lots of vehicles, fg, aa and at todo, as well as aircraft.

Great news :)

Rob

Quote from: Dave on 09 July 2015, 01:16:31 PM

Dave

Got me there. But they dont look so good.  :P (Nice models though  :))

I have of course already got my very own Conqueror tank that I was driving in earlier today  :) (in WoT  :D)

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Dave on 09 July 2015, 01:16:31 PM

Dave

But the hulls almost certainly were WWII.......even more pedant.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021