Club Night

Started by Leman, 21 February 2015, 02:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

getagrip

Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

FierceKitty

Quote from: getagrip on 22 February 2015, 11:31:45 AM
 I would like to see a scale picture before I shell out for 6mm building as I don't want them to look "silly".   ;)

Many of my posts involve 6mm buildings and 10mm figures, if you have the patience to search a bit. Timecast and Leven models most of the time.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

getagrip

Quote from: FierceKitty on 22 February 2015, 11:40:44 PM
Many of my posts involve 6mm buildings and 10mm figures, if you have the patience to search a bit. Timecast and Leven models most of the time.

Cheers  ;)

Seems to be quite a common theme.  It would also solve the issue I have with the footprint of 10mm scale buildings.

Leman

I still use 10mm buildings when either there are very few buildings on the field or it is an attack upon a specific town or village where the troops are represented at a fairly low level. I am currently working on the defence of Villers-Brettoneux during the Battle of Amiens in 1870.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

getagrip

Quote from: Leman on 23 February 2015, 08:00:19 AM
I still use 10mm buildings when either there are very few buildings on the field or it is an attack upon a specific town or village where the troops are represented at a fairly low level. I am currently working on the defence of Villers-Brettoneux during the Battle of Amiens in 1870.

Would love to see a photo of that when it's up an running ;)

Hertsblue

Call it bias if you like, but I find your 10mm game much more realistic than the other. It's probably the number of figures in each unit.  :)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Leman

To be honest (don't want to upset with TBA) I like a unit to look like a unit rather than a bunch of lads out on a pub crawl. My 10mm SYW infantry now have between 32 and 40 figures to a unit. My 10mm FPW will be something similar - but the bases are bigger so the units are in looser order.

Leman

Last night at the club it was great to see four figure games in action, especially as over the last few months there has generally only been one on a Thursday. The games were 15mm Flames of War Brits v. Germans, 25mm Bolt Action US v. Germans, 15mm Home grown Ancients Greeks v. Persians, and 10mm Black Powder Crimean War. There was also a Zombie boardgame in progress as well. Next week BBB gets its first run out at the club with the scenario from the Yahoo forum, Shiloh.