Audience paricipation time - Taurians.

Started by Techno, 29 June 2015, 03:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Could do with some feedback, gang.

With the Taurian command group.......

The 'musician'......I can only see as having a bloomin' great drum.
The standard bearer......A cross piece pole.....But with 'what' dangling from it (steady, chaps)....or do I leave it plain ?

I think I've sussed out a decent 'runestone' for the mages......But any ideas/inspiration would be useful.

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I would either go with flappy banner material, ragged and vaguely triangular, or the old stalwart of a line of severed heads tied on by hair!

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

+1 on the banner ideas

For the rune stone labyrinthine style motifs  would be good.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Techno

Ta, Both.

That's not a million mies away from what I was thinking, regarding the 'flappy' banner.  :)
Also makes life easier for Dave, regarding the moulding, as I can use the banner as a 'feed' to the crosspiece.

A labyrinth on the stone ?
Definite possibility, Forbes.  :-bd

My original thought was an ancient 'stylized' bull's head to get away from yet another 'rock'.
(I've done something different with the High Elves.).....But you've got me thinking now.

Cheers - Phil

Maenoferren

Crosspiece  with a flappy banner sounds good. What about doing it out of fur or human skin?
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Techno

I'll have a go at making it look like 'skin' to start with....Though at this scale, I'm not sure how successfully it would come out.
If it looks cruddy, I can soon 'skin' it again to make it look like fur.

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

How about for the Runestone as they are based on Greek legends a Mycenean bull's head statue?
http://cciv214fa2012.site.wesleyan.edu/the-bronze-age/exhibit-6/
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Bodvoc

I would go with Mad Lemmys ideas, they sound good to me.
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Techno on 29 June 2015, 03:43:20 PM
Could do with some feedback, gang.

With the Taurian command group.......

The 'musician'......I can only see as having a bloomin' great drum.
The standard bearer......A cross piece pole.....But with 'what' dangling from it (steady, chaps)....or do I leave it plain ?

I think I've sussed out a decent 'runestone' for the mages......But any ideas/inspiration would be useful.

Cheers - Phil

Musician(s): big horn: bull or ram; or mega pan-pipes?
Standard: a *golden* fleece, with ram's head?

The 'cap' for the rune stone could be an over-sized bull skull.

Cheers,

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Ithoriel

Standard - bulls head on a stick, head somewhat like this(?) Perhaps with a string of severed heads wound round the pole for strength when casting?

Musician - huge drum(s), large (cow)bell or .... a vuvuzela :)

Runestone - I did one for a friends Minotaur HotT army. I went for a fairly natural looking "monolith" (think Heel Stone from Stonehenge but about twice the size to scale) with a jumble of corpses/ skeletons at the base as sacrifices and an image of the minotaur god "carved" on front - actually the head of a GW Slaneshi demon painted to look like part of the stone.

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

jchaos79

big blue beard for the musician/sorceror minotaur

Chieftain

Phil, the Taurians are based heavily on Geometric Greek myths.

Labyrinths, Minoan bull icons, etc. will be perfect.

Musician would look good with a huge pan flute, a lyre, or something akin to a big horn.

Banner - how about a disc with a maze or labyrinth on it?  Maybe festooned with heads...

Official Guru of our Warband rules!