Show: Warfare, Reading

Started by Leon, 25 June 2015, 12:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Aksu

A couple of quick snaps from Warfare at http://www.the-ancients.com/gemigabok/
Wallet is now light but bag is heavy with Pendraken goodies.
Cheers, Aksu

NeilCFord

Indeed, the main hall was very cramped. Some stalls had wider isles than the main thoroughfares. Organisers need to accept that the average wargamer has got a little bit larger over the years.

- Neil.

Leman

Well , that was a great weekend. Met up with my brother and nephew at the show as well as the other two lads from the Liverpool club I'd come down to do a participation game with. It was a quick and bloody crossing of the Volga by Soviet troops using FOW. The Germans were designed to be destroyed, so the game was mostly played with two Russians attempting to see whose command would be first to take the section of German defences in front of them, without losing too many bases. Great fun and superior quality vodka (well it would be rude not to!).  Meanwhile my brother was busy having it handed to him on a plate in the Saga competition. I had a particularly good Sunday afternoon playing the 1871 St.Quentin BBB scenario with rules author Chris Pringle and friends. It was a terrific game with Prussian reinforcements turning up on day two in an attempt to capture the French supply trains and the towns of St.Quentin and Gricourt. The Prussians managed to block the road to Paris and destroy a number of French units, but in the very last move, as the Prussian cavalry attempted to ride into the two empty towns, a flurry of activity from the French destroyed them, turning a possible Prussian victory into a draw. It was great to meet Chris and have a chat with him, and he and his team were very friendly and welcoming. It was also great to find I'd been playing the game in the way it was intended. Now fired up to put on another FPW scenario at the club. To be honest I didn't find getting around the trade stands too difficult, although I did get rucksacked on one occasion. Seemed to be plenty going on at the Pendraken stand and as well as my order I picked up a Pict army pack.  However, despite wearing what I said I would wear, including my Leman lanyard, the only people who recognised me were Chris, Leon and Dave. Maybe at York then.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Chris Pringle

Warfare was an absolute blast. Great to meet a few of the stalwarts of this parish. A real pleasure to roll dice with Leman. Nice of Leon to stop by our game; I hope we encouraged some custom for Pendraken.

It was thoroughly enjoyable and successful and I am keen to do another such event sooner rather than later.

Chris

Duke Speedy of Leighton

The game looked awesome Chris, as to the Volga scenario, well done guys!;)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Chris Pringle

Cheers Lem - good to meet you!

Chris

Leman

And you too Chris. What a terrific time was had by all.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

NeilCFord

Based on reports, if I return next year, it will probably be on the Sunday. Seems it was nowhere near as crowded and hence, stressful.

That said, was glad I went.

- Neil.

Steve J

Sundays generally are a much better day to attend shows. Traffic much quieter and the shows less packed. You can normally enjoy yourself (famous last words).

Leon

We had a great weekend, loads of customers and friendly faces knocking about.  Not as many forum guys as previous years but still a few!  Sales weren't quite up to last years levels (due to the return of Colours) but still a solid weekend trading and an enjoyable couple of days.  As an added bonus, that's the last show this year that we have to travel to, so it's nice not to have to sit in that van until 2016!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!