Post war/ "Modern" wish list

Started by Sunray, 23 August 2010, 03:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniPatton

I'd be most interested in seeing things that do not overlap what is already available in plastic or through Mfigs.  I would love to see a modern Africa range!  I would definitely spend my hard earned cash on modern PLA forces as well - Infantry, Type 99 (or earlier), WZ-551, BMP Copy, Jeeps, Trucks, etc.  Would be very interested for sure in PLA...did I mention I would be interested in PLA?  I could also do with some PLA forces...

Paint it Pink

Unlike some people, I feel under no obligation to pretend that only one war-gaming scale is true, and that any others 6mm/10mm/15mm/25mm are mistaken; or that I know better than people themselves what is right for them to use. The point is precisely for all war-gamers to decide for themselves.

http://panther6actual.blogspot.com/
http://ashleyrpollard.blogspot.co.uk/

Sunray

see new thread on naval units - yes a Monitor - event a barracks ship would go well.

Paint it Pink

Unlike some people, I feel under no obligation to pretend that only one war-gaming scale is true, and that any others 6mm/10mm/15mm/25mm are mistaken; or that I know better than people themselves what is right for them to use. The point is precisely for all war-gamers to decide for themselves.

http://panther6actual.blogspot.com/
http://ashleyrpollard.blogspot.co.uk/

Derek H

Quote from: greatpatton on 24 August 2010, 03:57:54 PM
ARVN to complete the nam range... Currently working on new armies for Charlie don't surf and I don't think that ARVN are available in 10mm...

Someone suggested to me that the WWII US Marines could be used for ARVN.

I don't know enough to say if that's true or not. 

big_paul182

Put me down for PLA(plus any Chinese army you do) :P

Paul
Brisbane/Qld/Oz

zaapark

chris

Sunray

So, to recap, we have
1. Falklands era - British and Argentine.  Brits in beret and helmets....mostly in just '58 light order, but at least one with Bergus Roc and yomping
    The Brits could serve in most wars from 1967 to late 1980s

2. Cuban style troops with AK47- bit like Peter Pig Hardened militia

3.  106mm RCL

4. ARVN Types

5. PLA

6. some more Vietnam ships

7. AFVs....help me here guys !

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

AFV - that way lies maddness - 2000+ and counting.......

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Doug

I use the French Para Inf as Arven, as for moderns wish list I would like to see the IndoChina/Vietnam ranged finished of mainly with vehicles and guns such as an Australian Centurian without side skirts, a Pack 105 with Australian gun crew and landrovers. An NVA PT76. An American M48, Commando A/C and a Mutt jeep.

Sunray

Quote from: Doug on 08 September 2010, 08:11:47 AM
I use the French Para Inf as Arven, as for moderns wish list I would like to see the IndoChina/Vietnam ranged finished of mainly with vehicles and guns such as an Australian Centurian without side skirts, a Pack 105 with Australian gun crew and landrovers. An NVA PT76. An American M48, Commando A/C and a Mutt jeep.

I second those requests ...add a Ferret pehaps !

Sandinista

Quote from: Sunray on 08 September 2010, 07:38:06 PM

I second those requests ...add a Ferret pehaps !

also a whippet and a guy with a flat cap  ;)

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

ziparoo

I've already thrown my two bob's worth in the ring with regard to Argies & Brits, but would like to second the motion of generic type figures that could be used in a wide range of conflicts e.g. African Bush Wars.

Sunray

yes - 1970s generic bush wars -  the British in 58 web FN/SLR  and e beret, Cuban types with AK47,
But Doug made a very good point - finish the Vietnam range first.